Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:57:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

M L F

Started by bigjc, February 02, 2013, 02:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjc

Anybody here lovin' Major League Fishing?  It is becoming one of my fav. shows.

Waterfoul

Don't have that channel this year... had to cut something at home and "we" decided the cable bill was something to trip the "fat" from.  Bummer.

Watched it all last year and really do miss it.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

32eml24

I LOVE major league fishing. Interesting to see the way those guys think. 

BIGSHOW

I haven't seen that yet. What channel? or what network? thanks

markgoetsch

The extended coverage is great.  I don't get the channel either but for $16 you get like 3X more video and I'm much happier giving it to MLF than the cable company.

32eml24

todd postill

the live leader board is great.also the fish handling should be applied to all tournaments.i like the bass guys and flw guys combined.im thinking this series is going to become a dominate tournament trail.

bigjc

Quote from: BIGSHOW on February 02, 2013, 11:16:44 PM
I haven't seen that yet. What channel? or what network? thanks

It is on the outdoor channel network, but as someelse said, it is also available on their own website.

I think that the format could be the future of TX fishing!

robhj

I purchased the extended pass last year and again this year for $16.  If you go to the Major League Fishing website you can watch the first day free of charge I believe.  I look forward to watching it every Friday since I only get it online and don't have the Outdoor Channel.  Last week's episode was awesome, especially watching Hackney catch a nearly 7 lb smallie on a jig in less that a foot of water pitchin docks.  Great viewing and interesting how the pros change things on the water and go about patterning the fish. I really enjoy the concept and it's a great show.

bigjc

Quote from: Putemback on February 03, 2013, 01:41:05 PM
I purchased the extended pass last year and again this year for $16.  If you go to the Major League Fishing website you can watch the first day free of charge I believe.  I look forward to watching it every Friday since I only get it online and don't have the Outdoor Channel.  Last week's episode was awesome, especially watching Hackney catch a nearly 7 lb smallie on a jig in less that a foot of water pitchin docks.  Great viewing and interesting how the pros change things on the water and go about patterning the fish. I really enjoy the concept and it's a great show.

Can you watch episodes anytime, or only at the time it's aired?

t-bone

That release the shows on their website after they have been aired on TV but you can watch any of the previous shows as they remain up.
This is a very entertaining and interesting format. The web version offers more content and is worth the purchase.
Because all the competitors know the scores of the others in real time, it puts a lot of pressure on and really gets in their heads.They change the format each round to make it interesting as well. The first round was total weight, the 2nd round was first to 24 lbs, and the final round is different too.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

32eml24

Its good to see them rewarded for actually patterning the fish. So many dudes luck into big ones and do well when its a team event w a five fish limit. This mlf format takes the luck out for the mst part. If you catch 30two pounders and you're super dialed in all day long but joe scrounges up like four 2 pounders and lucks into a five then he beats you. He didn't figure the fish out and he didn't pattern them but back at the ramp he beat you. That can't happen with this format

BIGSHOW

I found it. Put a series recording and watched my first show. My first thought was how much I couldn't stand the endorsments some of the guys were making. They didn't use some of that garbage. Don't get me wrong, throw me a few bucks and i'll endorse it to. Some of the products were ok. All in all it wasn't to bad of a show. I just love fishing. Thank god for the DVR so I can FF threw some of the BS.

t-bone

This last show was a filler talking about the tactics they used for the first rounds and it was loaded with sponsor and product endorsements - not typical of the competition shows.
The finals is this Saturday.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Hoekset

Final round is on NBC on saturday at 1 pm. Pretty cool

BIGSHOW

Good to know T-bone. I wasn't about to give up on it.

bigjc

Todays show was real good!  Fun to see them fishing a Northern Lake in the summer.  Most of the tactics they were employing were typical of MI summer fishing.

Team houston

We tried to put it on at the swap meet but could not find it anywhere. VERY IRRITATING.

Redbone

I was pretty disappointed when I started watching an hour long commercial. After about 5 min into this I remembered they did that crap last year. I dont understand why they dont make another round or even add more competitors, allowing another round. >:(