Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:35:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Federation Nation... Not just another ploy from Janet Jackson!!!

Started by joshimoto son, January 12, 2006, 09:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

I have to agree with the whole bracket thing.  I really don't care much for that part of the FLW Championship.  I would love to see them change it.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djmaclf

What happens with the current clubs that have already paid Ma BASS ( was due 12/21/05), if the state decides to go to FLW?  I to am interested in the Liability insurance.

djkimmel

The club presidents have the final say. There would have to be many changes to our Michigan bylaws to make a change. That would take some time - not happen very soon.

emeryj is correct. The whole story isn't out yet. The details of some parts are still changing, being developed and getting review even now. The Mi federation board will have as much information that is available, accurate and approved for the Feb 5 meeting for discussion depending on what the presidents want to do.

This is kind of happening too fast suddenly for many states and clubs to really handle well. We are getting email from BASS pretty much every day still too.

If you have already paid for 2006, BASS would be happy to help you create a new federation/clubs who want to stay BASS. I honestly will be surprised if the majority of Mi clubs want to leave. Just a gut feeling... and it will take time even if I'm wrong.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

blakstr1

My biggest hope with the whole thing is that each club has a long discussion internally on how the changes will affect things; of course we will need all of the information prior to doing that...hopefully each specific will be diagramed and available soon.  I just want us to benefit from the best available "program"  and not miss out because we are scared of change..now that might sound like I am leaning towards FLW, but its not the case...i am struggling to stay impartial until everything is released, but for noe I am doing that.  The FLW proposal said nothing about liability insurance, which really threw up flags in our club, since we hold a charity tournament.  Maybe FLW is offering this but for now we don't now. That prompted most guys in our club to say they didn't want to leave Ma BASS, but I urge everyone to stay impartial until we hear everything.  I wonder how good things would be if 80% of the states are with one organization and the other 20% are with others.  I keep coming back to the statement I've been hearing over and over..the old BASS is gone...is this good or bad??  For now I'm keeping my eyes and ears open.. :-\'
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djmaclf

I hope the state board does not expect the presidents to vote come 2/5/06,  with the lack of information, time and un-answered questions.  Our club will not meet again until 2/12/06.  I would hate to have to do a individual poll of our club members.  Also, what are the clubs to do with new member dues?

joshimoto son

djmaclf,

Please do not wait to hear from the board!!!!!!

I opened up the contacts list on the MBCF and statred at the top and went down until I got
someone to answer the phone.
Fortunately I only had to make two phone calls.
I did have about a 45 minute phone conversation the Vice President David Dienes.

I am going to stay right where I am.... and right now, that's riding the yellow line.

But I will urge everyone that will be affected by this decision to contact a MBCF board member
as soon as possible, AND DEFINATELY BEFORE FEBRUARY 5TH!!!!

That is all.

Josh

blakstr1

lots of big "don't knows" to your questions..but good questions they are.  there is no way the presidents could be prepared to vote at the Feb. meeting...but will the April meeting be too late?  some special meetings might have to happen, trying times ahead for sure. 
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

A change can NOT be made at the February meeting. It can only be discussed.

The Michigan federation is an incorporated business with bylaws and rules that have to be followed, especially to make such a major change as this. I doubt we are the only state that can't make this decision in a matter of days.

I hope to go through fed president Doug Hedberg's notes this weekend and provide anything more I can if there is more to provide than what Bassfan (and all of you) has reported. I believe a number of things had not been worked out yet and I don't want to make anglers more confused by posting things that may change a day or two later, or are too incomplete.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

robtheboatman

The times they are a chang'ing.
Like  the rest of you I dreamed of making it to the "Classic".  But, with what has happened in the world of tourney angling in the last few months, it seems as if thats a thing of the past.  I am not affiliated with  a club, as I do not have the time for one with my work schedule, but I have been affiliated with the FLW,and in my personal opinion, they are defiantly the future of tournament fishing.  If you look at this years stats, how many anglers left the FLW to fish B.A.S.S. compared to how many anglers left B.A.S.S. to fish the FLW, I think that makes the decision easy.  I look forward to a new beginning, with the FLW, and can't wait to be a part of it.
Just my $.02
Rob

djkimmel

MI Federation president Doug Hedberg has posted his notes and comments on the main page of  the official Michigan BASS Chapter Federation website if you are interested in reading that - President's Message about BASS. (Click this link and then click the red message link - wish they would have worded the link a little different...)