Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:08:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Livewell issues

Started by mikesmiph, July 03, 2012, 09:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesmiph

Dan said to post something. Not sure I can get much advice in time, but here goes. On St Clair last weekend. Half way through the day I went to put a fish in my front livewell and noticed my other fish nearly dead. No water moving in the livewell. Got down under the console to check fuses and my shoulder stated getting wet. Looked down and water was coming up through the floor drain. Quick thinker that I am, (actually took me a bit to figure out), The hose from the pump to the front livewell is pouring into the bilge instead of making it to the livewell. Rear livewell seems to still be working, but its not really meant for 10 fish. We got to weigh in with only one dead.
Now, how I'm going to be spending 4th of July. I dont have a clue how to find the leak. Thats a long hose and its not out in the open. I also dont have a lake near to put the boat in. Any ideas at all? I dont even know where to start. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

djkimmel

Can you at least find the end of the hose and plug it? Or pull it off the back end and plug the back end? Maybe plug the outside pickup? I'm not intimately familiar with the old Bass Tracker fiberglass bass boat layouts as far as hoses and wiring so I have no solution to getting your front livewell working again but if you could plug the flow in at least you have one working livewell and no flooding. You might be able to plug it with a bilge plug or something?

Maybe someone else familiar with that model of boat knows how to get to that hose / connectors up towards the front livewell and how to repair it?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

Mike

try dumping a bucket of water in the front well and see if any water is making it back to the drain.  if the hose is loose you could tape a new one to it and pull it back to the pump.   

good luck.

mikesmiph

OK, looks to me like the fill pump isnt working at all. Its behind the gas tank. I'll know more tomorrow when I put it in Union lake at 6am. Bringing a bucket just in case. My plan right now is to buy a whole new livewell system and replace all the pumps to both livewells. Any suggestions on a good pump system?

djkimmel

If you can, get the pumps with the new motors that you can twist in and twist out so you don't have to replace everything each time anymore.

So you haven't found the actual leak yet?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

Going to look closer once its on the water today.

LennyB

If you can get at the hose, buy a new one and tape the new one to the old one and use the old one as a pull wire to pull the new hose through the concealled part of the boat. Reattach the new one to the livewell and intake fitting and you should be back to new. When joining the two to pull, I would actually drill a small hole at the point you join them for pulling and thread a piece of bailling wire to join them securely so they don't pull apart when pulling the new one in. Good Luck

mikesmiph

Mike S.

Another way to do that would be a hose barb. That works really well. That's how they pulled my new fuel line through the rigging tube on my boat. Don't use any lube, put the barb in dry so that its real tight, and you should be golden.

Waterfoul

Go with Rule or Johnson pumps.  Both have replaceable pump motors.  Rule has a better warranty.  I know where you can get both.   ;)
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!