Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:26:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

what for x-mas?

Started by karol, October 10, 2006, 09:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karol

hey guys, i know i'm new here but wondered what would you ask for x-mas from your non fishing wife. i've got 2 baitcasters, 1 is a 7 ft berkley with a 5500c-3 and the other is a 6-6 lightning rod with an old shimano. got a 6-ft berkley spinning rod and a 6-6 kunan that is my gill rod. got a lot of tubes - mostly wayne's and shubert's and wondered what would you recomend for those baits?got good amount of cranks and spinnerbaits too, thanks guys karol

fishon1219

You should ask her for a guided fishing trip with PoorBoy. It will be a life changing experience and all you will want to do from that point forward is fish kent lake and go to hooters :D
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Team houston

A boat load of 10lb Seaguar line.

fowlmouth

Welcome to the forum, Karol. I'd tell her all you want is permission to fish every day that you want to! She wouldn't even have to shop for that!

Cheetam

For me, it is much easier to say "Bass Pro Shops Gift Card" than it is to try and explain what I would like for Christmas, birthdays and/or anniversaries...
Jeff

dartag

Quote from: jcheetam on October 11, 2006, 09:05:22 AM
For me, it is much easier to say "Bass Pro Shops Gift Card" than it is to try and explain what I would like for Christmas, birthdays and/or anniversaries...

ask for a $ 40,000.00 gift card.  should cover a new boat and stuff to go with it.

McCarter

Ditto.  BPS has everything a man needs.  Rods, Reels, Lures, Jerky, Hot sauce, Underwear ( tho i can only find camo ).......Gift cards rule.

PB himself :-\'

matt

Quote from: dartag on October 11, 2006, 09:09:27 AM
Quote from: jcheetam on October 11, 2006, 09:05:22 AM

ask for a $ 40,000.00 gift card.  should cover a new boat and stuff to go with it.

I did that last year and my girl laughed at me :(

This year i'm asking for some nice fishing sunglasses...or tell her to just let me go to bass pro shop and go nuts(but not overboard)

canvsbk

I see some of you guys didn't play your cards right in the beginning....this asking for permission stuff should have ended way back when you got your first paycheck, let's try to bring our youth up correctly.
Now about this xmas stuff - Sunline / Shooter. Only request rods with 3 vowels in the name. Anything by Poorboys. Acronyms are nice too - GPS/WAAS.
Good luck
Look past what they want you to see.

bshaner

Canvsbk has it right.  My woman has to ask me for permission to buy me something! (btw I hacked her pw and she will no longer be able to see a word I type!! Stay out of this one Dan!!!!!!!!)

I'm delaying christmas until March and pray there's a 20-21 foot rig with a bow tied around it sitting in the driveway when I get home from work one of those days.

Just incase, I'll ask for some new reels.  I still believe Santa thinks I'm a good boy.  Just for good measure I'll start sucking up to Mrs Clause no later than Thanksgiving.

Ugh sorry.. she's a fishing wife... disregard my response as it doesnt apply to this thread!

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

joshimoto son

Bshaner

How much is it worth to you, that Stacy doesn't see your posts?

You know what I mean too...? ?:o :o :D ;D

nuff said!!!

joshimoto son ;D

Hooksetter

It's hard to beat a gift card from BPS, you can get exactly what you want that way. Finesse worms,? 1/8 oz and 1/4 oz ball head jigs, maybe some? frogs or toads.

As far as what to throw tubes on, you can't go wrong with a 6'6" medium heavy spinning rod with a good quality mid-size spinning reel spooled with 8 lb mono or fluorocarbon. That would be a good rig to start with. You might want to rig those tubes on 1/8 or 1/4 oz 60 degree 3/0 jig heads. Just a few suggestions.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.