Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:23:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BASS pro's in Traverse City??

Started by TheFishinPollock, September 29, 2006, 02:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFishinPollock

My friend that lives up there called me yesterday and said he saw a bunch of boats that were wrapped headed into TC.? He saw 2 Citgo wrapped boats so its gotta be at least Marty Stone or G man ?? ?Anyone know anything about this???
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Dan

Yep, it's a charity event and you can get info on it at www.fishwiththepros.com and there is a link on the N.B.A.A. website on their left hand column down toward the bottom as well.

September 28 - October 1, 2006

The cost of this event is $1,250 per person, which includes three nights at the Great Wolf Lodge, all meals during the event, and two days on the water with one of our pros.? This trip? is limited to the first 100 guests, so register now by calling us at (800) 509-6884.

A friend of mine Don Fowler is one of the pros as well as Tony DeFlippo who many of you know. Don had to come up with hats and team shirts which he got from Evinrude (for a hefty price). The tournament puts the pros up and wines and dines them. The Great Wolf Lodge is quite a place. Biggggg indoor water park etc. They have had this for several years. I know KVD and a number of other elite pros were there last year and I think the year before.

(I fixed your link for you to the correct address - djkimmel)
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

TheFishinPollock

Of course they show up the week afterrrrrr vacation ends up there for me.  Gonna have to rember that for next years vacation.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

fishndooder

this summer I saw a citgo wrapped boat and truck at the east bay boat launch multiple times does anyone know who it was?  Does he just like to fish up here or was he practicing for this?  seems like it could be only a mater of time until we get a big named tourney up here.

brent

Dan

Talked to Don F. about the "Fishing With the Pros" Charity event and he said it was awesome. There were 50 pros there and the event sold out so that meant at least 100 people paid the $1,250. They had an auction and many things including fishing trips were auctioned off. Kim Stricker bought a trip with Art Ferguson. Don said a number of the pros bought trips from other pros. They had a weigh in each day where you could bring in your big fish and go up on stage and get interviewed and pictures taken. Pros got plaques if their guest had the biggest fish or two day total. He said the whole event was awesome. Pros could go wherever they wanted. Don fished several lakes including Torch where he caught some nice fish with his guests. Sounded like a great time was had by all. Don did say KVD wasn't able to attend this year's event. He was down in Texas filming a show.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

blakstr1

Great cause, and sounds like a really good time.  $1250 sounds spendy at first but when you read up on it it includes lodging at the Great Wolf Lodge and a bunch of meals plus great fishing...sounds like a steal to me. 

So if you headed there to see KVD and were disappointed, head doen to BPS in Auburn Hills this Friday 10/6!! KVD will be there, I believe his schedule is 12-6.  Saturday and Sunday brings in Edwin Evers and Jason Quinn, oh yeah and Desmond Howard too! 8)
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Dan

Hey Blake,
Thanks for the reminder. I'll put it on my web page  as well. Don't know if I'll make it may go bow hunting. If not I may make the drive to the east side.