Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:43:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Burt & Mullet anyone?

Started by TCook, May 20, 2012, 08:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCook

Any boaters interested in making a trip to Burt & Mullet June 4th to the 7th? Always a long shot finding someone available during the week but worth a try. Good chance it will be peak spawn up there and any year I miss that is painful. I will already be on White lake for RDT and would meet up from there, shoot me a PM if anyone wants to make the trip.
FISH HARD!!!

Firefighter Jeff

If you make it up there, I may see you.  Looks like I may have worked out a trade day.  We should be heading to Indiana River from Ludington Thursday morning the 7th.  :)   

Manxfishing

Never fished it
But I'm headed there tonight for 3 days of fishing. Whoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

River Walker

My buddy and I just returned from there yesterday,we got there on last Tuesday.We stayed on the Indian River at The Landings.Even though not many smallies were on the beds yet,we still caught many on crankbaits at the first breakline.Without question it was my best fishing performance ever.This past Saturday my best 5 smallies went 27.70lbs.That included a 7.05lb.beast,a 6.15,and a 5.75lb'er,quite a few more were well above 4lbs.The three largest all came on a Lucky Craft RC.2.I would guess that 50% or less of the total number of smallies we caught were on beds.The three largest fish all came from Mullet on the cranks,but the vast majority of our fish came from Burt and Crooked Lake.The best sight fishing area on Burt was Greenman's Point,and the best sight fishing we found on Mullet was Round Point.The water temps on both lakes ran from 62 degrees early in the morning,and 69-72 in the afternoon.I know if I live to be a hundred,I'll never,ever catch a 7,6 and a 5 all in the same day,and all were weighed on a very accurate Boga scale.I also had another first for me that was really cool.One day while cruising down the Indian River going from one lake to the other,we saw a huge sturgeon that had to go between 6'-7',I would have to say it weighed maybe 100-120lbs.,it was being followed by 5 or 6 much smaller sturgeon around 20lbs.I once saw a monster sturgeon on LSC dead floating belly up,but never saw a live one before,it was awesome.Just before sunrise every morning,and after sunset the loons calling out to each other,seeing a family of otters on the Crooked River,and seeing several bald eagles made the trip even more memorable.With the upcoming full moon in a few days,the bass should be on the beds big time.Like I said,the majority were just off the shoreline,pretty much where the rock met the sand at the first breakline.Nearly all the smallies I caught sight fishing were taken on a 5" pearl white/w silver flake Senko drop shot rigged.This upcoming weekend should be awesome fishing,wish I could make it up again then.

TCook

Sounds like an awesome trip, im still wanting to go anyone down lol?
FISH HARD!!!

djkimmel

We are lucky to live in the Great Lakes state!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Manxfishing

Yes, We are

On the north end of Mullet
We saw a pair of SM that had a nest but wern't locked on it
The male was a nice 4-5 pounder. And he female was twice his size
She's a tank, looked like the carp down here