Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:16:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

June 9 TBF Jr State Championship Pontiac Lake boaters needed for 56 kids

Started by djkimmel, May 17, 2012, 04:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Apparently, we went from 15 or so kids fishing June 9, 2012 on Pontiac Lake to 56 in about a week!!! This is for The Bass Federation of Michigan Jr State Championship. We all need to get these kids out fishing. We need 1 boater volunteer for every 2 kids plus a few extras for backup, press and any special guests or officials. That's about 33 - 35 boaters we need. Please, please volunteer. Contact TBF of Michigan Youth Director Brian Belevender and post on the following thread:

http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=13598.0

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

I have another Tournament on June 9th up at Alpena....So I won't be able to make it again this year...

The couple of years that I have helped out were great...The kids were super courteous and respected my boat as if it was their own...Bryan puts on a great event and you may be surprised at how good some of these young anglers can fish....

Got Fish??

Hello Dan. I'm in, I have a 16' tracker. Please send me more info. by email. Thank you GotFish??

Frank-o

June 9th is a big day for needing volunteers:
-Junior State Championship
-Hookin' Up Heroes at Newaygo State Park presented by the Brain Injury Ass. of Michigan
-Tips-Up for Troops at Kent Lake presented by the Brain Injury Ass. of Michigan, as well.

For everyone out there who can go fishing anytime you want (and that's pretty much everyone who reads/posts here), you are living the dream. Dan and Eric and I are asking for anyone/everyone to give up just one day of your life to help someone go fishing who deserve and need it - kids & military veterans.
I will be at Kent Lake for the Tips-Ups, Eric will be at Newaygo for Hookin' Up Hereoes and Dan will be at Pontiac. Come out fishing with one of us and i promise you that you will not forget it ans most likely set your calendar the very next day for next years event.
Here is a link on my bass clubs facebook page to sign up for Tip-Ups at Kent Lake. Btw, that's one good-looking boat on the cover, isn't it ? Yes, that's mine and i'm kneeling in the boat tying on a new bait while my veteran co-angler runs the trolling motor. We took 2nd place & big bass and it's something he will never forget. Come out and give a kid or a veteran a day they may never forget.

Thanks everyone !!

Frank-o
Msgt Frank Skellie
180th Fighter Wing
Ohio Air Natinal Guard
Swanton, Ohio
http://www.facebook.com/groups/10150129538120078/#!/groups/10150129538120078/?bookmark_t=group

If this link doesn't work, please call or email Major Rick Briggs at the Brain Injury Association of Michigan.
810-229-5880
veterans@biami.org

dartag

June 9th is my son's 21 st birthday and 3 years cancer free. 

If I am not home I might as well list everything on craigslist. 

Why do they have to all be the same weekend every year.

djkimmel

Free fishing weekend. It is convenient for people holding events that might attract people who only get to fish once. Saves them from having to buy a license but gets them out fishing so maybe they will buy a license or at least continue to fish in the future and buy future licenses.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.