Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:52:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

New boat

Started by Frank, April 25, 2012, 08:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

So I think I'm finally going to get a new boat this week.  Looking like a 95 pro craft with an 03 225 on it.  If every thing checks out I'll probably have it by next week.  Since I'm spending all of my money on a boat I don't really have any cash for accessories.  What are the odds of talking a company like  minnkota or humminbird into giving me some product in exchange for letting them wrap it?  I actually have a great benefit for them, I keep my boat in my driveway which is right on m59.  40000 cars a day pass my house with most of them getting stopped right in front of it.  Thats pretty good exposure.  Is this a good idea?  How would I even go about doing this?  I'm just thinking of creative ways to get side imaging or talons.

Thanks
Frank

motocross269

First...Congrats on the New Boat...Post some pictures when you get a chance...

I think you may struggle getting a larger company to wrap your boat and give you free product...Just wrapping the boat is going to be over 2 grand...or more...So between the side imaging, talons and wrap they are looking at a 5 figure investment in "you"..You are going to have to sell "You" and the payoff that investing in "You" will be for their company...Just a boat sitting on the side of the road probably won't sell them on that investment...

What does the boat have on it now for stock electronics...If you can live with what is on there for a year or so I would stick with that and save my money to upgrade and then consider used...I wouldn't jump right out and invest in high end electronics right out of the gate until you have ran the boat some and are sure that it is 100 percent safe and seaworthy..You don't want to invest a bunch of money in high end electronics then find out you can't launch the boat because of mechanical issues that you may not have the funds to cover....

Have fun with the new rig and keep an eye out for used equipment at a good price...I saw a set of Talons on BBC for around 1200 bucks.....

Mike S.

Congrats on the new rig!!  Motocross had some good advice. Just get the boat fishable, and then worry about upgrades later. Make sure you don't have any bugs to work out. A used boat can be a major nightmare. But, if you want something bad enough, in time you will get it. Have to work towards your goals.

Waterfoul

I can tell you in a couple simple words:

Not a chance.

Sorry, it's the harsh reality of retail.  Especially on a 17 year old boat.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Frank

lol, well you cant blame me for being creative