Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2012 Fishing Reports Contest

Started by djkimmel, April 28, 2012, 09:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

GreatLakesBass.com 2012 Fishing Reports Contest

From today - April 28, 2012 until August 31, 2012, GreatLakesBass.com is running a fishing report contest. Entry into the contest is simple and free. All you have to do is post helpful and interesting fishing reports under any of the Bass Fishing Reports sections to win.

A panel of myself and independent judges will pick the overall winner in September based on the total number of fishing reports posted by member, the quality of the fishing reports - details, pictures, lures, techniques, etc. and the total number of views the fishing reports receive on the forum - so tell people where to look for your reports - the more that read them, the better your chances to win!1

This means that you won't necessarily be out of the running if your reports are less numerous than someone else. More detailed reports are scored higher, pictures, video(?) and the popularity of your reports also affects the final decision.

The winner will be announced and received a brand new approximately $157 retail Grandt Rods C10 casting rod - the same high quality, light, sensitive, Made in the USA, lifetime warranty graphite rod I love to use for spinnerbaits and similar techniques!

The runner up in the Fishing Reports Contest will win a new WaveSpin Reel of their choice!

If participation warrants, other prizes may be added to this list.

Revtro won in 2011! Who will be the 2012 GreatLakesBass.com Fishing Reports Champion?!?

1 Views will be measured by the number of total unique viewers.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

edyer

I hate to complain, but I feel like if I don't live on the east side of the state and write reports on LSC, I have no chance to win. I fish and catch fish a lot, but nobody on the other side of the state will care if I'm reporting from Middle Lake in Barry County. Seems like a fairer way would be to have a chance every time you post a report and the winners are drawn, not judged on. It's your contest and you can do it any way you want, but if you want west siders to get involved, show us some love now and then. :)

djkimmel

There's nothing in the rules about how many fish you catch, how big they are and I often have more visitors from the West side of the state then anywhere else. If you write interesting reports with the kinds of details you'd like to see and add a few decent pictures, or maybe be the first one to try some video, you can win just like anyone else.

Revtro won because he wrote detailed reports with lots of specific fishing information as much as having to do with being on a popular body of water. Plenty of people from your side of the state fish a ton on your side of the state. They want the same things anyone else does. A pretty good chunk of all visitors read most of the fishing reports though they do tend to skip the ones that are real short on length and detail with no pictures.

If you don't try, you definitely won't win. Anyone can win from anywhere. You don't have to write like Hemingway either. You just have to tell an interesting fishing story for people to want to read it. There are many small lake, shore and kayak anglers that visit here regularly who want more information on close-to-home waters.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

customfishn

Ed do a really good report on jordan lake.  If it helps me catch a fish over a pound Ill pay off the judges for ya.

djkimmel

djkimmel

The 2012 Grandt Rods Fishing Report Champion will be announced and awarded at the May 11, 2013 MadWags Memorial Members Tournament at Lake St. Clair.