Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:16:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Saginaw Bay

Started by chase5004, August 09, 2006, 10:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chase5004

Hit the Bay today, and I am happy to report that I caught my first 5 lber. I have had many close but never over that 5 lb mark. I put a 5.2lb sm in the boat, what a pig. I cannot think what a 6 or 7 lber would look like.

Anyway I fished the east side of the bay. Hooked 6 and landed 5 for a sack probably around 14 lbs. all sm. It took a good long time before I found anything but it was worth it. I thought it was a good day considering I have never been on the east side. They all came on tubes.

Pat

djkimmel

Way to go chase5004!

I love the Bay when the wind isn't howling. I like that East side, but it gets weird at times. There are some good spots although I haven't hit them in several years now. Speaking of 'hit' you definitely have to watch what you are doing over there to avoid using your boat as a depthfinder...!!!

The Bay is putting out some fives still, but it doesn't seem to be putting out the sixes like some other parts of the Great Lakes (although I always hear rumors about 7 and 8 pound largemouths that the locals catch - never actually seen one in the flesh though).

I do believe my biggest largemouth ever came from Saginaw Bay a zillion years ago from a hollow cattail bed - it was over 23 inches long and big-bodied (like my brothers...), but I let it go hoping I would catch it in a tournament the next week. Never saw it again...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

thomas

Anyone ever catch big largemouth around Pinnconing area? I'll be fishing a tournament June 2, 2007 FOM. I here alot about the smallies out by the islands, but I've never been on that lake before and so I think I'll spend my time fishing the shore lines from Au Gres toward the south.

thomas
Jos.24:15 ....;but as for me and my house,we will serve the Lord."

BigSmallie

There should be good largmouth fishing from AuGres to Pinconning.

I'll be fishing the same tournament.........but my bass will be brown.  ;)

BS  ;)
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

thomas

BS

I'll see you there. ;D

thomas

dhuff

To have a shot to win you better be fishing for smallies or else you are wasting your time not to mention your money.  There are alot of largemouth up there but there are way more smallies and bigger ones at that.  Good luck and be careful.

thomas

dhuff,

I've never been on the lake before and I've heard some horror storys about this lake. I have only a 18' with a 150 and I'm not sure I could handle bad weather out on that lake. I thought first of June the spawn would be on for largemouth. All the fishermen I know in my district of FOM are alot better fishermen than I, so I thought I would play it save and fish closer to shore and hope they all bomb at the islands. ;D ;D Fat chance at that. I'm out to enjoy and learn. I'll get there some day Lord willing. Thanks for the info.

thomas

Got Fish??

The Pinnobog river holds a lot of smallies. Can't get your boat in there the sand bar to shallow rent a connue. Eagle bay was a great spot untill last couple years water been down hard to get boat in. The breaker wall  at Port Astine is a great spot to cast tubs into the rocks  Then you got the cannels in Cassville lots of largemouth in the fall