Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:58:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kevin VanDam, Babe Winkelman to headline Michigans biggest fishing show

Started by djkimmel, January 04, 2012, 01:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Kevin VanDam, Babe Winkelman to headline Michigans biggest fishing show

See both angling experts at Suburban Collection Showplace during the Ultimate Fishing Show—Detroit January 12 to 15 in Novi

NOVI, MI — The big one just got bigger with today's announcement that two of the angling world's biggest stars are featured speakers at the annual Ultimate Fishing Show—Detroit, January 12 to 15 at Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River Avenue in Novi. The "catch of the year" includes Kevin VanDam, four-time Bassmaster Classic champion from Kalamazoo, and Babe Winkelman, whose popular TV show "Good Fishing" is one of the nation's longest-running programs.

Read entire story on GreatLakesBass.com Show News.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bigmojet

I just read KVD's blog on B.A.S.S. that he is recouping from hernia surgery and will be laid up  for awhile. Any word if he has cancelled his Novi appearance?

djkimmel

Not that I have heard from anyone. I just talked to one of the show reps 2 days ago. Everything was still on. Hope it stays that way. This is a big deal.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

robeng53

I listened to KVD on Friday before booth duty and he was good.  Mostly talked about what he throws and how, and the different Strike King Lures.  KVD is a class act and stood there after each of his presentations on Lake Ultimate and signed autographs, shook hands (mine too), picture taking and answering questions.  He came over to the Strike King booth afterwards on Saturday and hung out a bit and then cruised on down the aisle past Great Lakes Bass.com and was quite friendly.   Also, got to listen to the Babe-very good about fishing Lake Ontario.

robeng53

I also took in the Kim Stricker seminar about Michigan waters, gobies, etc.  His stuff is always just so unique and informative.  His videos running in the GLB booth stopped many a person.  Which gave us a better opportunity to strike up a casual pointed conversation.  Additionally, thanks to the GLB member who recommended the SWAG spinner baits.  I went over and talked to Chris Slone for awhile and grabbed one to try.  Enjoyed myself thoroughly with the other GLB members (all great), the attendees, and fellow exhibitors I met.  Thanks to all GLB members for making me feel welcome and talking shop.  Lastly, a big thanks to  Mike Smith and Veronica who were both very friendly and helpful.  Gotta see the pic of Mike catching that trout (I couldnt get a good pic with all the crowd).  But WRIF was taking pics.  Check out their Facebook for some pics of others at the show.  See ya on the water (or ice?). 

bigmojet

KVD is a class act. I drove in to the show from Traverse City area and didn't get there till after 8 pm Friday and he was still talking to.people. I was last in line and told him I missed his seminar but wanted to ask how he was.healing after his surgury and if  he will be fine for the classic.

He couldn't thank me enuf for asking.

djkimmel

Dan

I think he'll be fine for the Classic. Just had two hernias repaired myself on Dec. 8. It's been a month now and I still have some twinges once in a while, but I feel almost 100%.
I had the laproscopic type of surgery which has a faster healing time. Don't know which type of surgery he had. I will tell you though, that the first 3 or 4 days was not pretty. It was kind of like a broken rib if you have had one of those before.
You have trouble lying down, and sitting up from a night in bed is bad news. When I sat, I just used the edge of the chair. You didn't want to put any pressure on your adominal area. After the fourth day, things got better quickly.
They repaired mine with a mesh, and my Doc said that not lifting over 10 then 20 lbs. was helpful pain wise, but that with the mesh it really couldn't cause any recurrence of the problem.
Hopefully, King Kong will be 100 %. He's a lot younger than I, and I dare say in much better shape.
I may not be able to out fish him, but I bet I could out eat him though. Just got back from Whole Foods in Denver. Had their green chilli salmon corn chowder, a piece of smoked sausage, a small dish of jellato, and half a piece of carrot cake. That was after a lunch earlier in the day, at the Diners Drive In's and Dives restaurant called Steubens. Had gravy cheese fries (they put a salty onion gravy on them with cheese. It's supposedly popular in Canada), sugar coated hush puppies, half of a pickled egg salad and bacon sandwich and half of a cubano sandwich (My son and I shared half our sandwiches in order to try the two different menu items.) Diet time after this Denver trip is going to be high on my list of things to do.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."