Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:46:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Another try

Started by bsimpson, December 19, 2011, 03:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsimpson

I used to work in the Michigan Legislature as an aide to a State Representative and a State Senator.  I still have a few friends who work there, I may be banging my head against a wall, but I am going to contact some of my friends and see what can be done to get these policies changed.

Like I said, I'm sure I am just going to be banging my head against a wall, but it never hurts to try.

djkimmel

It never hurts to try. Someone always has to get the ball rolling.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Bender

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I have written to my State Representative (District 66) but have not heard anything back. I would like to get this changed and am willing to do whatever is needed. Right now I'm at a bit of a loss with where to start. From what I have read it seems that this could be changed by a bill being passed into law. There is current legislation that changes other aspects of seasons and game regulations so I'm guessing that the season would need to have a person in the Senate or House to write and sponsor the bill. Maybe I'll try to contact the Natural Resources Committee in the Senate.

- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Waterfoul

What policies are you refering to Bill??  The closed season?

While you're at it... see if you can get them to let us drop shot the lakeshore lakes on the west side.  Absolutely rediculous that we can't.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

I'm not ready for it but... there's some signs of movement on the Michigan bass season. I hope by the end of April to have some idea of what might be possible. I'm going to a limited meeting where we will be discussing bass season topics. I have some new friends who have some influence too and I may be having some discussions with people who can make something happen. I won't know what is feasible, if anything, until at least the end of April but as soon I know something I will pass it on. When I need some help, I will ask for it.

Fingers-crossed. I like the sounds of what I'm hearing so far, but it is way early to get excited.

As far as drop-shotting, if I see an opening to bring that up, I will. It could be as easy as just editing a Fisheries Order, but I don't know the odds yet. What I do know is more of the right people are feeling more inclined to allow more opportunity. I like that!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Cool Dan.  Keep us informed.  And FIND A WAY to put the drop shotting subject out there!  LOL!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

bsimpson

I talked to my friend who works in Lansing last Sunday night (2/19) and he told me they are in the process of working on a few things.  I don't want to get into specifics right now as I don't want to jinx anything.  I'm told some of the people who need to be on board to get it moving, are on board, we'll see if that continues.  Fingers crossed.

djkimmel

Always helps to have the right people start getting on board! (Toes crossed too... well, maybe later after we get to compare notes - but not until I return from the jungle).

Skulley

I am on board.  The people have to band together if the people want changes.  Somebody once told me they didn't have the money or resources to get involved with politics.  Well I say, how about a voice??  You got one of those??  Now is the time for these people to get involved.  Don't need money for this.  Just a voice.   8)

BD                    ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Always easier if everyone just does something

Always a lot harder when many people choose to do nothing.

bigjc

I am pretty connected with my local reps as well, just say the word Dan, when its time to rally their support.

djkimmel

Skulley

As bigjc Dk, I am well connected to my state reps and state senators.  Say the word and we can band together as one and let them know how we feel.  Remember it doesn't start with $$$$.  It starts with a voice.  I hope the rest of the forum jumps on the band wagon, especially the person on this site who PM-ed me about a year ago saying he and another on the forum didn't have the money or the time.  Again, it doesn't take $$$$, it takes a bit of time which you can make if this is important to you as it is to me, and a voice.  I don't got a lot of extra time either, but I make time to be heard.  The people need to speak and speak loudly on this.

BD                                ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Everybody is busy. People either want things enough or they don't. It helps to have the information to do something tangible too. I hope I will have some information to help with that. I will pass it along if I do.