Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 11:26:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Post your Vintage picture....Here

Started by motocross269, December 02, 2011, 09:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motocross269

I was going through one of my old toolboxes and found this old picture....This was pre-fishing in the late 80s for a Redman tournament..(Don't ask me why we were keeping fish ;))
Who remembers when Redman used to give out Armour Vienna sausages and all the Redman Chew you could carry??....That probably wouldn't fly these days.. ;D
Can anyone guess the launch???
Post your pics..It is pretty cool to see the old tournament/fishing pics...

It is hard to believe that was over 20 years ago... :o

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

dartag

2002 my first day fishing on st-clair with my buddy in his 16 ft Nitro Rick Clunn editon boat..  we are by the mile roads catching fish every cast.  We noticed a lot of boats heading across the lake.  Some guy stops and asks if we knew where Gull island was.  We looked on our map and pointed him in the right direction.  After a while you could see all the boats over there.  We go check it out and it's the Jobbie Nooner.  We decide it was time for  break so we walked the island.  Got lots of photos i can post here but did get one of his boat.   Was almost more fun than catching smallies.

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

This was more than 20 years ago as you can see by the date... and I have posted it before... but it reminds me about a time when, as the young feller told me a couple years ago, "Dan... what happened, you used be good?" (Bless his little heart btw)

And also - I have old pictures scattered all over - but this one reminds me of one of the few times I beat the guy everyone wants to beat! Always warms my heart to remember those rare days! ;D

This is long enough ago that there were still a few anglers wearing patch-covered coveralls though none of them place this day!! One old Michigan tournament 'legend' in this picture along with the #1 bass angler in the world and several terrors of the Michigan tournament scene at the time, along with an angler who still does pretty well on St. Clair. One of these anglers is now deceased. This was also on Muskegon Lake. Lots of old memories for me in this picture.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I think you had to wear a trucker-style hat to fish this event? I think the beards were also required? Not so sure about the shorts though...? But that was Bigfish 'Chicks dig me' Chip's style... ;D

('Little' David Simmons, later of Bass Pro, then Yamaha and then FLW fame hiding there in the middle of the background)

djkimmel

Not sure if I have any photos anywhere accessible from the coverall days?

motocross269

motocross269

Manxfishing

Quote from: djkimmel on December 02, 2011, 02:57:32 PM
This was more than 20 years ago as you can see by the date... and I have posted it before... but it reminds me about a time when, as the young feller told me a couple years ago, "Dan... what happened, you used be good?" (Bless his little heart btw)

And also - I have old pictures scattered all over - but this one reminds me of one of the few times I beat the guy everyone wants to beat! Always warms my heart to remember those rare days! ;D

This is long enough ago that there were still a few anglers wearing patch-covered coveralls though none of them place this day!! One old Michigan tournament 'legend' in this picture along with the #1 bass angler in the world and several terrors of the Michigan tournament scene at the time, along with an angler who still does pretty well on St. Clair. One of these anglers is now deceased. This was also on Muskegon Lake. Lots of old memories for me in this picture.

Just so I don't travel that road
What happened Dan. LOL

VinceR

Quote from: djkimmel on December 02, 2011, 03:06:04 PM
I think you had to wear a trucker-style hat to fish this event? I think the beards were also required? Not so sure about the shorts though...? But that was Bigfish 'Chicks dig me' Chip's style... ;D

('Little' David Simmons, later of Bass Pro, then Yamaha and then FLW fame hiding there in the middle of the background)

David is probably the only one who didn't have a beard. I certainly remember that one. I still have 2 different matched sets of coffee cups from those tournaments. Good memories.

djkimmel

I think I have a couple of those coffee cups somewhere that I haven't broken. I think David is the only non-female person in the picture without a beard! He was just a baby (practically still) in this picture, but he looked pretty tough :D

djkimmel

Mike S.

Wow, I might have some pics from 1989.  If I do, they will only be with bluegills......I was only nine then. I picked Muskegon lake out of that picture real quick. Oh, and a tiny KVD.   Cool to see pics like that.

djkimmel

I'm sure you didn't mean to... but I now feel even older than I have been feeling most of this week!! :o

I'll see if I have any other older pictures. I was too busy being a 'hard-core' angler back then to take many pictures. I was usually just thinking about what lures I was going to tie on and what spots I was going to fish in what order. Things like that.

2nd place that day came right out of Muskegon (me - yeah) while 1st came from White Lake. Sound familiar?

Things change. Things stay the same.