Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:43:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

I'm sure glad I don't fish in South America!

Started by Dan, January 08, 2012, 11:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I am sure glad that there are so many opportunities here in the good ole USA to fish for a myriad of species. I am not one of those upper crusters that can afford to travel to exotic places to risk life and limb to hook up with a finned creature. Multi-millionaire pro athletes and fishing site promoters, who can afford such adventures put themselves at risk of being considered lunch by one of the Amazon's most feared predators. Check out this article that Skeet Reese has out: http://www.bassmaster.com/news/skeet-reese-and-roy-halladay-rescue-snake-bite-victim
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

bigmojet

Long way to go just to get bit in the butt by a giant snake. Lol

Ranger482v

Nah I'll pass on that place I really don't mind fishing in and around Michigan ;D

bigjc

Well lets pray for Dan's safety as he will be traveling that way next week.

djkimmel

I actually looked for anacondas. They apparently aren't everywhere because I never saw a single one. Not even a baby. I will look again in about a week. Maybe I'll find one this time?!?

Save your money because this trip should be on everyone's bucket list or just plain 'I've got to do this at least once' list!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Big Black Caiman now... that is a totally different story! They were all over the place and they are supposed to be somewhat rare?!? Apparently these big boys don't KNOW that! I think I was most worried about stepping on a stingray but they just told us to drag our feet in the sand rather than take big steps and we mostly only did this in real shallow water where you could still see bottom well.

I was kind of bummed I never saw any stingray either though some of the anglers came across schools of them. Everything down there has sharp teeth! You should hear the piranha when they are chomping on your jerkbait!! CLACK CLACK CLACK!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Jay-MadWags

Good Luck Dan!  Be safe and have fun!  Can't wait to see the pictures when you get back.
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

djkimmel

More video this time! Though it is very hard to put down a fishing rod and pick up a video camera when these monsters are smashing the topwaters!