Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:54:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2012 Walmart Bass Fishing League Schedule, Entry Dates Announced

Started by djkimmel, October 25, 2011, 10:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

FLW Outdoors News

2012 Walmart Bass Fishing League Schedule, Entry Dates Announced

MINNEAPOLIS (Oct. 25, 2011) – FLW Outdoors announced its 2012 Walmart Bass Fishing League schedule and entry dates Tuesday. With a 2012 schedule comprising 120 regular-season tournaments across 24 divisions, regional competition and one of the longest-running championships in the history of tournament bass fishing – the Walmart BFL All-American – the BFL is the nation's largest weekend bass-fishing circuit.

Anglers may enter tournaments according to the following schedule:
Dec. 12, 2011 – Hoosier, Michigan, Music City and Volunteer divisions
Dec. 13, 2011 – Bulldog, Cowboy, Great Lakes, Illini and Mississippi divisions
Dec. 14, 2011 – Bama, Buckeye, Choo Choo, Gator and Mountain divisions
Dec. 15, 2011 – Arkie, LBL, North Carolina, Northeast and Okie divisions
Dec. 16, 2011 – Ozark, Piedmont, Savannah River, Shenandoah and South Carolina divisions
2012 Michigan Division BFL Schedule
St. Clair
6/23/2012
Metro Beach Metropark

Detroit River
7/14/2012
Elizabeth Park Marina

St. Clair
7/28/2012
Metro Beach Metropark

Grand River
8/18/2012
Riverside Park

Detroit River
9/15/2012 - 9/16/2012
Elizabeth Park Marina

Read complete story on GreatLakesBass.com Tournament News.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Team houston

djkimmel

Quote from: Team houston on October 26, 2011, 07:00:56 AM
I did not see anything about a regional?

Seems like that usually comes out later? If I remember correctly. I know they want to have a regional in Michigan some day. We've talked about it more than once. The weather that time of year is one concern. Local support is another challenge.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mark117

Dan,
I told Anthony Wright and other BFL/REDMAN directors for 20 plus yrs to have a Regional at Detroit river in October and they would have 150+ boats at every event! No one listened.... Now they had a record low of 59 boats at the 2 day event and they were calling boaters for the regional the day before the event started thinking someone from Michigan was going to drive 10 hrs to fish a Regional with no practice? hahahaha! In 20 yrs of fishing Redmans & BFLs they have never held a Regional in Michigan??  Do you really think FLW does not have the money? Local support? I think the Michigan anglers have supported FLW(BFLs) long enough to get ONE regional at the Detroit river in October? Don't ya think??

Its all a joke that Michigan anglers get to drive the longest distance to the Regional. Fish the biggest dumps in October when we have the Greatest bass fishing in the country and Every angler will be jack-in bass for three days!!

Just my 2 cents. Somethings will never change?

SethV

The regional location is a big reason why I sat out of the BFL's this year.  Big water was another reason, I just got tired of beating up my equipment for 5 events in a row.  I was pretty loyal to the BFL - fishing every event quite a few years in a row in all 3 states I lived in over the past 7 years.

I am planning next year on fishing the BASS Opens - unless the BFL comes in with a good regional location.

motocross269

3 BASS opens will probably not cost much more than 5 BFLs in expenses with alot bigger payouts and alot more days of tournament time...
Never mind the short cut to the classic..... ;)

Mark117

Well said SethV and I'm with you Moto on this one. Hello James river, Detroit river, Cayuga? Money well spent.

I bet if you do the math, Michigan boaters spend at least twice the boat gas than any other division of the BFLs. And what is there reward??? To spend more truck gas driving to the Regional 8 or 10 hrs away? hahahaha 

Back in the day(Redmans), I enjoyed fishing out of state to work on my largie game knowing I would have to compete against these same guys at the regional on some river? I would travel and fish 3 divisions of Redman... OH, IL, & MI. Those were the good old days.
Now I Hate crushing big waves, Hate dropping hundreds of dollars on boat gas/repairing boats, & Hate driving 8-12 hrs to fish the Ohio, Mississippi, or Barren river Regional.

djkimmel

Nothing is impossible. Anglers got BFL to stop going to Saginaw Bay (I wasn't one of them). Anglers got them to go up north. Anglers got them to go back over to the west side. I think Anglers could get them to have a regional up north.

Contact FLW and tell the head of BFL tournaments that you would be more likely to fish Michigan BFL if they have a regional up north. If enough anglers do that, it is more likely to happen. There has been plenty of discussion about doing this in the past. I've had talks with them about it several times over the years.

SethV

Quote from: Mark117 on October 27, 2011, 03:32:50 PM
Well said SethV and I'm with you Moto on this one. Hello James river, Detroit river, Cayuga? Money well spent.

I don't know how hard it will be to get in the Opens, but I will sign up for all 3 on the first day of registration.

Cayuga was my home water when I lived in NY - I know it well and made 2 BFL Super tx cuts in a row there.  Looking forward to that one.

Of course the Det River is home and that is an easy time of year to find fish.

James river will be the new water.  I am not a tidal expert at all.  The Potomac was on our BFL Northeast schedule, so I have spent some time on Tidal water, but never really figgured out how to "run the tides".  I was always better and finding a good area and just adjusting for water level.

djkimmel

That's probably how I would fish tidal water. You should be able to get in.

motocross269

Don't get me wrong....I think the BFLs are the best run larger scale tournaments that I have fished....I haven't had any type of issues...

4 LSC/ tournaments makes it tough for the "Non-Big water" guys to compete....But the weights are awesome from those events so what do you do??

Dan is probably spot on with his assessment...The squeeky wheels get the oil....Alot of the guys that do well on LSC/Erie get involved and are heard.....Modrak, Reault, Skip, Cox...Etc Etc....JMHO.....Some of the west side guys made some noise and the GR tourney is back....

I don't see any reason not to have the Regional in this area......BASS had their regional up in Escanaba....Still a long drive but I heard the fishing was awesome.....