Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:45:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

deal or no deal?

Started by korean_bassmaster, May 05, 2011, 03:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

korean_bassmaster

Hey guys I found this boat for sale online. Its a 05 triton 21ft. And the r asking an unbelievably LOOOOW price for it! Like $15,000 lower. So my question is... is this the real thing or is it a joke? Now there r a few other boats that r being sold like this too.  I emailed the guy and asked him to email some more pics of the boat.  What should I do?

Manxfishing

In this economy and with gas going crazy I'm sure there's more than a few deals out there.

You'll need to have the boat and motor checked out.
Get in touch with McCarter on this site, He was offering some free advice on the do's a dont's on buying a used boat.

Good luck,

fiker

When I was looking for a boat I found several scams on Craigslist.  Unbelievable low price.  Out of state boat.  No pics available because the boat was sitting in a packing crate at a boat yard.  etc.

In my life experiences, usually when something sounds too good to be true, it is.

I'd want to see the boat in person. 

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

korean_bassmaster

There r 6 pics of the boat. The boats not on craiglist, its oodle.com

MBell

Remember your paying about half for the motor usually.  Is there a motor?  Is something wrong with it?
-Matt

bob o

i found the ad and i replied to it so let's see what happens

korean_bassmaster

Bob o did u email him? I did on like Wednesday, and still haven't heard nething!

bob o

there were two toons i sent emails out to a black one and a red/silver one. but if you tried to contact someone on wednesday about buying his boat and haven't gotten a reply it's either already gone or it was a scam. if someone wants to sell a boat these days try will get in touch with you asap.
i did see a few other boats that i thought were good deals, a ranger and a huge champion. good luck in your search

bob o

i got a reply to my inqury about the toon it sounds just about ligit. i would check with ebay first and if everything checks out, well that's up to you

here it is

Hello ,

My name is Rachel, I am emailing you regarding the  2000 Triton TR-21 that I have for sale. I sell at this price( US$2,500.00 )because i just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce has finished i received this boat.Now as a women i don't need. This boat is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title, 3 months transferable warranty. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request ONLY secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services. We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account.The final price that I want for this boat is US$2,500.00 including shipping and handling.You will receive with the boat : keys,title, all the receipts that I have from it, owner's manual, service manual, and also a sale receipt signed at a legal attorney stating that I'm selling you this boat. When it arrives, you must have your ID ( preferably 2 forms of identification ) and sign for receiving. If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address  so I can initiate the deal through eBay

I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon!!
                Thank you and have a nice day
                       Rachel Erion  .

Title:  2000 TRITON TR-21 BASS BOAT

Vehicle Information
Hull ID Number:  TJZ1P376J800
Condition:  Used but Excellent

BOAT:  (TJZ1P376J800) 2000 TRITON TR-21 20.6' BASS Boat.  Color is Red/Black/Silver Metallic - Very Sharp looking! Extremely well built Bass Boat - Top of the Line.  The boat is completely solid inside and out!  All Compartment lids are in Excellent shape, Clean.  Plenty of dry storage space.  Carpet is in great shape for the year – driver/passenger seats are comfortable with no tears, rips, holes, etc, recently re-upholstered.  Trolling motor is included but does not function properly.  Lowrance Fish finders are included.

MOTOR: 2000 MERCURY 225 HP 2 STROKE EFI Oil Injected OUTBOARD - TRIM and TILT on motor, shifter and steering wheel - Runs Excellent! - Great water pressure - very responsive motor – jumps on plain and takes off.  Extremely clean motor under the cowling (Like NEW) - Pushes boat nicely at 60 MPH +.  Nice 4 Blade Mercury Trophy Stainless Steel Prop 24P included – Like New.  Hydraulic Steering is easy and smooth.  All 6 cylinders have excellent compression (115 PSI on each)  Hotfoot is a nice touch – Fun Factor. 

TRAILER:  2000 TRITON Dual Axle Bass Boat Trailer.  The trailer tows very easy - ready to go.  Trailer lights work great - 5 prong flat plug.  Loads and unloads like a dream...  extremely easy even for one person.  Very Solid Trailer - Tires are in Good shape, Chrome Rims look very nice – Trailer has some minor surface rust from being 10 years old, also a few spots where the paint is bubbling on fenders.  Overall, trailer is in excellent shape.

Eric

I'm very impressed the "Rachel" nows that kind of detail about the boat, motor, and trailer. 

Her english skills are either very foreign trying hard to sound not, or simply very uneducated. 

In today's market and economy, I can't see a boat like that for $2500 lasting longer than about 5 minutes if it was legit.

Sorry about the cynicism.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

10-10 Bass Busters

Ok, this is a scam.  Do not fall for this.  I have taken many reports(I'm Sgt with a Sheriff's Department) that have this same type of scam.  Anytime they list something on one site and want to use Ebay or an Ebay agent it's a scam.  If they wanted to use Ebay it would be on there.  What she would have you do next is send out a money gram to one city and it would be picked up in another city and you can say bye to your money and there will be no way to track it down.  I had one poor girl try and buy a truck for $5000, that she took a loan out from the bank, this exact same way.  Well she doesn't have the truck and owes the bank $5000.  Thats my 2cents, to find out if it's legit tell her to provide a phone number so you can talk with her about looking at the boat and pay in person, she shouldn't have a problem with that.

korean_bassmaster

Thanks guys ya kill check into it alittle more see iff I can get a number!  Bob o was that boat on oodle.com?

bob o

Quote from: korean_bassmaster on May 09, 2011, 04:59:14 PM
Thanks guys ya kill check into it alittle more see iff I can get a number!  Bob o was that boat on oodle.com?

yes it was/is

djkimmel

I can't stand spammers and scammers!!! Uuuurrgghh! I knew someone who had a relative arrested for selling vehicles that didn't exist. I have to admit that no matter what, I cannot understand how someone would hand over thousands of dollars to basically a complete stranger without ever actually seeing a boat or vehicle.

Have had several friends who had other people attempt to buy similar items with the old overpayment method - fake check and then they want you to 'refund' the overpayment with your real check.

Worked with someone who lost several thousand dollars before she came to me to look at what was going on. They were sending her fake money orders and then she would 'keep' part and send them her real check for the 'balance.' She stopped once she talked to me, but she couldn't afford to lose the money she already had lost. Nothing could be done about that. True businesses do not operate this way.

Always go by the 'if it sounds too good to be true' rule first, but at least confirm the person owns a real item with a title or some other real document. I get approached several times a year by people wanting to 'buy' one of my domains for a ridiculous amount of money. As soon as I tell them I only go through a real escrow service I never hear from them again...

Dear sir we are real students in north cucumber england working on a class project. we feel your domain blahblah.com would be perfect for our project and would like to offer you $1,250 for it. please send your contact information thanks suck... er friend
sincerly real students of north cucumber school of fakery

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

korean_bassmaster

Hey bob o can u send me that link to that boat! I can't find it. Thanks

korean_bassmaster

Haha what does she mean by "now as a woman"?

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

korean_bassmaster

Yikes! Haha that would xplain how she knos so much about boats.