Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:25:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Bass Fishing Down Under

Started by Colin Linton, February 08, 2011, 08:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Linton

Hi Folks,

Am a little lost for words at the moment   :'(   I will pick it up again in a few weeks.  I am truly sorry for your loss.

My appologies
Colin

Don't let your shadow be the only thing you cast today!

djkimmel

No need to apologize. You're a welcome addition to the community for sure!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Colin Linton

Colin Linton

G'day!!

After my exodus I am back!!  Late I know......and I sincerely appologise for that!

I am just in the process of finding some photos of that mysterious fish we call Bass!  I will post them up here today............I promise!

Regards
Colin

Colin Linton

Ok,

Attached below are few little fishies caught from below the main lake near home!!

Colin Linton

But wait there's more  :o

Below are pics of the local river (if you could call them that) sytems I fish on a regular basis.  The first pic is actually taken from the bottom of Lake Samsonvale after the January floods here in Queensland from where I was taking this photo the water was about 15-20ft above my head and goodness knows how wide.. :o

The second pic is one of me (my better side too) fishing a small river that connects to the rust water (Ocean) there were hundreds actually probably thousands of Bass that went over the wall when they released the water from the lake..........Australian Bass do not spawn in fresh water so it's not a bad thing when a few go over (as long as they survive the concrete slide) which helps to keep the wild stocks maintained.  In saying that it's a bit of a shooting gallery when they do release the water with rogues coming in and filling buckets with fish (legal limit here is 2 fish per angler) which end up in local restraunts unfortunately   :'(

And the 3rd pic is my flash Bassnoe which since that photo has been pimped a little!!  Was thinking about wrapping it!!  My other boat is currently undergoing a makeover in saying that it's no Skeeter/Ranger/Bass Cat etc just a little Aluminium but it does the trick!!

Again appologies for my absence!!

Colin

Colin Linton

And again,

First pic is 180 degrees from the previous pic below the dam wall.  You can see the water that went through layed trees and anything in its path to waste.  Also a victim of the slippery slide in the middle  :'(

The next 2 are just my 2 boys who enjoy fishing just as much as I do!

And the last is a picture from one of our more picturesque lakes (Lake Borumba)  A great lake for surface fishing........Most surface action takes place on mornings such as the one pictured.  Our Bass are most active on surface at Dawn and Dusk and glassed out conditions.  Once the sun gets too high it seems to shut the surface action down.  Generally speaking we surface fish lily pads and bank side structure.

Redbone

Good pics!  That water looks really muddy below the dam. >:(

Colin Linton

Thanks Redbone!

The pics below the dam were taken a few months ago, I am going to trek back out again this morning and take some more.  There has been a little water released since then and hopefully it's had time to clear up a little!!

Thanks!