Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 05:15:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

OK Boys

Started by Rangerman, September 24, 2012, 08:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rangerman

what the latest dope on LCS?? Head that way Sat. the 29th ;D What depth the SMB running these days, and what secert crickets do I need to bring?? and where can I get some 4 1/2- 5" tubes up there local. Don't have time to order. Thanks

motocross269

I will be out this week if the wind quits blowing...it has been tough getting out lately......
I will post what I find....
You can pick up tubes at Sportsman's Direct right next to the Crocker launch....You can also get up to date information there also...Give them a call before you head up....

Rangerman

Thanks, we will most likely use the Selfridge Ramp. ;D We found alot less traffic at that ramp in the Spring, but as you know depends on the wind direction an speed to where to launch and fish :D If it blows too hard well hunt some other lakes in the area more protected. Got any hints which ones would be best in case of a blow out that I could use my yearly DNR pass :D

djkimmel

You could launch up in the North Channel in Algonac and fish the river. You can fish the Black Creek or some of the bigger canals in Anchor Bay for largemouth too.

Never fished it, but Stoney Creek is a small inland reservoir not too far from the big lake. It has a few big fish in it. Some people like it. Otherwise, lots of MDNR ramps and parks around Pontiac with good fall fishing on inland lakes but you might want to try the St. Clair River first. You might like it.

Lots of fishing info on the St. Clair fishing reports section from this year AND previous years for the same time that will probably help too.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bassmandan

stoney is really low right now like 2ft low...if you want to go there you are gonna want 4 wheel drive, was out there this afternoon not easy getting my ranger off the trailer
"dont stop keep fishing"

VinceR

Rangerman, I sent you a P.M.

djkimmel

Quote from: bassmandan on September 27, 2012, 09:08:01 PM
stoney is really low right now like 2ft low...if you want to go there you are gonna want 4 wheel drive, was out there this afternoon not easy getting my ranger off the trailer

Thanks for the live update. I have never been there but know a few people who like it.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

Fished the Mile Roads/American side today......It was SLOOOOOW!!!...Tried from 5 FOW out to 14 feet...Fished from the 400 club all the way down South Of Ford's Cove...

There were alot of Perch fisherman out...I even huddled up with the perch pack but only a few small ones...I never saw another fish caught in about an hour sitting with the perch guys...Not even a perch....

I was surprised at the number of boats at the launch.....Quite a few bass rigs...I am pretty sure the smarter people headed to the South shore...I didn't have enough time to make that run today and thought it may be a bit muddy down there with the North winds....I didn't really plan on doing as much running around as I did...

So basically I am no help.....Your going to have to do some moving around to find them...The bigger fish aren't biting easy right now...

bassmandan

Quote from: djkimmel on September 27, 2012, 11:49:12 PM
Quote from: bassmandan on September 27, 2012, 09:08:01 PM

Thanks for the live update. I have never been there but know a few people who like it.

i live only 15mins away and i have pretty good success here and there, havent been on it much this year, but i have a tournament out there sunday thatll be interesting in the morning haha
"dont stop keep fishing"

Mojo

I sent you a PM. Let me know where you went and how you did. call me if you need.
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Rangerman

Thanks for the info on LSC ;D We worked like the devil the first 3 days in the wind after the cold front Saturday night. ??? We got it working on Thursday late, and smoked em on Friday. Yes the last day :P caught em on Rattle Baits in a drift in the 15/20 mph winds. Fish on some of the humps way out, drift across the 11/12 and hit the hump in 8.5/9 and bang bang thank you mam :) We had 60+ on Friday and boated over 40. No real big fish most in the 2.5 to 3.5 class. My big fish was just a little under 5 like a 4.75 or so. Looking forward to getting back up in the Spring during the C&R. Sports Direct had the secret bait after I lost my two to the Toothy Critters :D Caught Musky up north near New Baltimore and Fairfield Landing at the Duck Blind. Nice Ones but had to leave the AO due to Tooooooo Hard on the True South Spinner Baits with the hidden weight. I think Sports Direct is going to start carring them. I put them in contact the mfg. of the Magic Cricket Spinner Bait.

djkimmel

Sounds like you had a great trip! Glad to hear it. Glad to hear Sportsmens Direct helped you out too. They are in a great location with the right knowledge about what anglers need!

Mike S.

Glad to hear your trip was a success. I was hoping you weren't going to report a big zero.

The wind is just a wonderful part of Great Lakes fishing. Doesn't matter if you are on the east side or west side of the state, there is usually always wind.

It's also good to see that you are planning to return for some spring fishing. Bed fishing on that lake can be an absolute riot. Last spring we had a blast for the MadWags open. We boated a lot of fish that day. We just didn't find the big ones.

Rangerman

Well guys is was almost to the point of a big Zero until Thursday late :D I was thinking to myself. " Self this is the last fall trip" due to money spend on gas, motel, etc and then got something working late Thursday and Bang Bang from Zero to Hero ;D Just had to adapt to overcome the wind and water. Son had to sit on the Sit Down Seat, both feet wide apart and cast like hell. When you hit one of the humps in 8.5/9' in was one big time. Now if you want the Toothy Critters up North on a Truesouth spinner bait with colored blade in the dirty water. Lot of fun, BUT next time I'll have some steel leaders :D :D Smallmought in the clear water or well the clearest we could find due to the wind. Boys how about getting some more water in the pond :D it was about 18" best I could tell from the spring trip. Now wishing ya any bad luck but let it rain and snow up there to fill the pond. Now I said Up There not Here :D Hope to see y'all again in the Spring during the C&R Season. Just hang here at LKN fishing. Any of your boys get tried on hard water come on down South where the season never ends, the water is always soft, the launch ramps are free, no 10 cent per can beer tax :D and you can power load 27/7/365 :D :D Just poking a little fun at the evil Yankie ways :D :D See Y'all in the Spring, Y'all Come on Down Ya Hear :D We need your money