Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 29, 2024, 11:57:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Big Ten College Bass Championship - Oct 11th Lake St. Clair NEED BOATERS

Started by djkimmel, August 18, 2009, 10:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

Michigan and Michigan State are hosting the Big Ten Collegiate Bass Championship this fall on Lake St Clair, Sat/Sun Oct 10th & 11th.

We are looking to secure around 30 boat volunteers from our local contacts & clubs.
I know that you have a large network and have helped us out the past couple of years for UofM and MSU events.

Boat volunteers will take 2 students from one of the schools out for ideally both Saturday and Sunday. If boat volunteers can do only 1 day or the other that will also work if we are having trouble getting numbers.

Saturday is a pre-fish day and the volunteers get to fish and act as on-the-water coaches.  Sunday is tournament day and the volunteers act as a tournament official and cannot fish nor give suggestions. But the boat volunteer will be the one driving the boat's gas engine at all times.

For past Big Ten tournaments students have been given the option of how much gas money to give boaters but with UM/MSU events on St Clair we use $20 per student per day as our guideline and can suggest this to the other schools given the size of St. Clair.

Boat volunteers and their family are also invited to a complimentary dinner Saturday night and food/drinks at the Sunday weigh-in.

Tournament waters will be U.S. water only to keep boat runs to a minimum. We are thinking either Harley Ensign, MetroBeach, or Selfridge for the launch site and will be figuring out permits within the next week if you have any suggestions.

Please let me know what other information we can provide and if you can help us pass along this request to your members.

Thanks,

Adam Young - University of Michigan Bass Fishing

Ben Cummings - Michigan State University Bass Fishing

**Contact TBF of Michigan President Jeff Cox (email below) if you can volunteer for this event. I've done it once or twice and thoroughly enjoyed the experience helping some of our young people enjoy fishing and the outdoors. I hope to be a boater volunteer again this year.**

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

River Rat

This sounds too cool, I'm no Pro on LSC but sent a msg anyway!

Scott
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

jcox7

For anyone that is willing to help out please email me at jcox7fishing@yahoo.com  Everyone that is intrested to help out with the event with or without a boat is welcome I am sure they need shore help also running the tournament.
Thanks
Jeff Cox

Waterfoul

Jeff... I just sent you a PM with my information.  I'd love to help out as a boater if at all possible.

Mike, Michigan class of 1990 and a VERY avid bass fisherman!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

River Rat

Does anyone have any more info as to what is going on with the tourney?  Do they still need volunteers?!  Times?  Places?

Scott

djkimmel

Scott,
I don't have any recent updates. Email Jeff Cox - TBF of Michigan president at jcox7fishing@yahoo.com.

Don't PM him. His doesn't use his membership on here any more.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LAPORTE

I just got a reply back from him a few minutes ago. He told me they are about 8 boats short...

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

River Rat

Waterfoul

Just shot jeff an email... but forgot to ask... should we secure canadien fishing licenses or is this going to be limited to the US waters?  Guess I better shoot him another email.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Waterfoul

River Rat

In an email from Adam on Tues he stated that they are still in need of several (8-10) boaters to help take everyone out fishing.  We need more members to step-up and volunteer to take these college kids (some who are traveling a good distance) out on LSC.  We always talk about what a great community we are here, time to ante-up.  It'll be too bad if, in our area, we don't have enough boats to properly support the Big Ten Bass Fishing Championship...

Scott

thedude

West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

River Rat

My boat may be green and white but I'm hearing "Hail to the Victors!"

Waterfoul

Come on guys... step up and take the kids fishing!  Oh, and if you live nearby... anyone willing to put me up for a couple nights?  LOL!!  Maybe I'll just sleep in the Mt. Clemens store... LOL!!

River Rat

Waterfowl, a few of us are planning on staying at the Chesterfield Holiday Inn.  I'm gonna call this afternoon and I'll let you know what I find for prices.

Tip of the day: if you stay on the same floor on Shaner, bring ear plugs for the snoring!

Waterfoul

Quote from: River Rat on September 25, 2009, 11:23:34 AM
Waterfowl, a few of us are planning on staying at the Chesterfield Holiday Inn.  I'm gonna call this afternoon and I'll let you know what I find for prices.

Tip of the day: if you stay on the same floor on Shaner, bring ear plugs for the snoring!

Yeah, let me know what you find out.  I know the Bayview (I think that's what it's called... maybe the Baymont?) right off the highway  around 9 mile has a $59 "fishermans" discount.

River Rat

I spoke to the Holiday Inn and they are $50 per night and will give us a 1st floor room to plug our rides in.  The Baymont Inn at 13 Mile & I94 is (B this is for you) $69 a night with no guarantee of a spot to plug-in.

Scott

bshaner

The flyer said they had rooms at a hotel at a 50.00 rate.  I think boaters get in on that too.  I dont have the flyer in front of me but email Adam and check.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

River Rat

The Chesterfield Holiday Inn is the one from the flier, the # is 586/465-2185, and the rate is $49 plus tax per room.