Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 12:09:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

WHOS FISHING ABA IN 2007

Started by Skip Johnson, January 03, 2007, 06:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skip Johnson

Since we lost districts 67 and 69 just wondering how many boaters and non boaters we will have for district 7 this season.

count me in/boater
Go Big or Go Home!

dartag

i started a calendar of all events scheduled so far and there are many conflicts.  The ABA regional is the same weekend as the BFL Super T.  there are a couple of ABA's that are the same day as the OCBM opens.  i hope to fish the kent paper and maybe cass lake,  except cass is scheduled the day after the Fishing Friends event.  not really crazy about the new lakes on the schedule.
i am waiting for NBAA to publish there schedule.
  i may just fish every event on Cass since i love that lake. 

i do wish AA luck on getting more boats and non-boaters to show up. 

at least we have 5 months to figure out what to do.

Hooksetter

I will be fishing the Kent and Clair paper tournaments for sure. Several other dates conflict with my club schedule and family vacation so those are the only two I can make for sure as of now. It looks like I will be fishing as a non-boater.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

MBell

Might make Saginaw Bay, it's only 20 minutes from my cottage.  Although I'll probobly be pre fishing the bfl up on Burt/Mullet.  If I don't end up fiishing I'll have beds for sale to the highest bidder :D.
-Matt

dhuff

I may fish one or two.  I don't like some of the new lakes eaither but that's fishing.  I see no Lobdell or Ponemah on the schedule.  But a change is always good every now and then.  Depending on the NBAA schedules if they don't conflict with tournaments I would like to fish, then I may get back into them. 

Matt,  Don't sell those beds cheap!

Durand Dan

I'll most likely fish Kent, Saginaw and Thompson as a Boater

McCarter

I am in for most of them.

Kent
Cass
LSC
Belleville
Det Riv

Maybe all of them.  I dont know.

McCarter himself :-\'

Skip Johnson

Quote from: McCarter on January 04, 2007, 06:42:26 AM
I am in for most of them.

Kent
Cass
LSC
Belleville
Det Riv

Maybe all of them.  I dont know.

hate to tell ya brian but theres no ABA detroit river this year >:(
were on cass when we should be at det river, I probobly wont make cass becouse I have 3 big tournaments outa det river that month.
Go Big or Go Home!

McCarter

Oh.  Bollocks.  Well, I change my answer to Stagnasty Bay.

csfishslayer

I'll be fishing all aba's. All the in land lakes I will be a boater.But
for the big water not sure yet .maybe lsc not real sure about the bay .
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

MBell

Don't worry about Saginaw Bay with a little boat.  The launch is bayshore marina just north of Bayport in wild fowl bay.  Your safe in wildfowl bay, you have to whole bay to fish as well as the canal systems of sand point.  The worst day i've ever seen was 3-4ft and it's rare. 
-Matt

jcox7

I wont say for sure which ones I will be fishing but it will be enough to fish the two day on the river I have to protect my title.  LOL

Anthony Adams

I'll be fishing all of them.

Saginaw Bay is awsome .... dont let it scare you away. The launch location allows for some great fishing close to the launch and it could be won there. It was 2 years ago.

Saginaw Bay at that time of year is some of the best fishing in the state. Big fish and lots of them...

I do not have Det River on the schedule but I may add it around July 4th if we get enough interest from the members it could be an add on.

Last year on Case lake it took 14 + lbs to win and a 4+ lb big bass - thats not bad for an inland lake in early Aug... I am looking forward to the Charity event and the following torney the next day...

The cool thing about the ABA is you dont have to fish them all.. You only have to fish 4 one day event to go to a 2-day championship. The other cool thing is you can be a boater on the lakes your comfortable on and a non-boater on lakes your not...

Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

motocross269

I am interested in some of the ABA tournaments, but I go to the website and I don't see the Michigan Schedule posted up yet. I saw it elsewhere on this forum, but I am not sure if those are confirmed dates. How do  you register etc.  I am looking at signing up as a Co-angler.
I have registered for all of the BFL tournaments and would like to slide some of these into the schedule. I am especially interested in Saginaw Bay.  We used to have some fun up there during Redman tournaments.
I haven't fished a tournament in almost 20 years so I am trying to get a feel for all of this. 
Thanks,
Brian

gbaade

I was wondering the same thing as Motocross. If someone could PM me with some details that would be fantastic!

Skip Johnson

its very simple to join and fish ABA its $25 a year and you get a magazine subscription with that and for that $25 you can also fish ABA tournaments all over the country and its $70 per entry.
heres the link for membership registration.

https://www.americanbassanglers.com/products.php?cat=12

heres the confirmed ABA southeastern dist 7 schedule
6-May  Kent Lake - Paper West Launch
20-May  St. Clair - Paper Clinton River Cut Off
27-May  Nepessing Lake Inn
3-Jun  Saginaw Bay Bay Shore Marina
17-Jun  St. Clair Harley Ensign
24-Jun  Belleville Lake  DNR
22-Jul  Thompson Lake City Launch
5-Aug  Cass Lake Dodge 4 State Park

2-Day Championship

18-Aug  St. Clair North Channel
19-Aug  St. Clair North Channel

14-Sep   ABA - Regional - LAKE ONTARIO - Henderson Harbor, NY
15-Sep   ABA - Regional - LAKE ONTARIO - Henderson Harbor, NY

its very easy and friendly to fish ABA and you can pay and register at the ramp but if your a co angler you may want to pre register with the ABA site to make sure your in, if your a boater ABA will let you fish non paper tournaments by yourself if theres not enough co anglers its a bring your boat fish your boat format after the paper tournaments.
Go Big or Go Home!

Skip Johnson

For those of you that dont know what a paper tournament is heres how it works.
there is no fish brought to the scale we use a measuring board called the golden rule it has inches marked on it just like a normal bump board but next to each increment is a conversion to weight for example a 14" bass converts to 1lb 8 oz a 16" bass converts to 2lbs 4 oz you must have a boater and non boater in each boat and your partner must measure the fish then you mark down on paper what the weight of the fish was so the weigh in is simply getting out the calculater.
its a fun way to have pre season tournaments doesnt harm the fish and keeps the fish in the area it was cought.
Go Big or Go Home!

Anthony Adams

The ABA has 2 paper event this year - both ebfore memorail weekend - this is the only legal way to have a tourny at this time since it is imediate catch and release fishing.

Yes this schedule is set in stone for 2007 - barring some permit issues or crazy problems that may arrise this will be our schedule for District 7

If you have questions or your interested in being a member of the ABA you can call me or e-mail me at aadams@americanbassanglers.com

Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

bosshawg

kent on may 6th, could be interesting as our club is having our 'golden rule' also. not aware if our TD knew this or not. believe we're out of east launch, so maybe so. belleville 15 min. from house, i like that.  decisions, decisions......
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Anthony Adams

Quotekent on may 6th, could be interesting as our club is having our 'golden rule' also.

This will be our 5th year going out of there on that same weekend.

We usualy have between 40-45 members - not sure if your director knew this or not.

What is your organization and who is your Tournament director?