Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 09:24:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Schedule

Started by dhuff, November 30, 2006, 08:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhuff

Is ABA going to be hosting Bass Weekend events in Michigan in 2007?  I was just looking at the ABA site and there was all the other divisions up there but I saw no schedule for Michigan.  Just wondering maybe it has been said before and I missed it.  Also if they are going to hold them are they all going to be great lakes, or are they going to be fishing some of the same bodies of water as the other ABA divisions fish?

djkimmel

I posted a news release right from BASS/ESPN yesterday about the weekend series up above under Other Bass Tournaments - http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=1551.0 - and they list 25 divisions, but not Michigan. This came from Gary Jones - federation nation director yesterday.

Anthony is still finalizing his ABA schedule. I talked to him briefly today. He's sick again. Seems to like to catch pneumonia although I didn't ask him what he has now. He sounded too sick to keep on the phone for long.

I did not ask him about the BASS weekend series. Either they'll add one later or they won't.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Anthony Adams

At this time there is no plans for the Bass Series in Michigan in 2007 - this could change but I doubt it... Part of this is my fault .... Bass and the ABA signed a contract and I was notified on short notice to put a schedule together ASAP. At the very same time I was informed my Nephew was killed in Iraq... do to my family loss I was unable to give the ABA the insight they needed to get us on the books for 2007. I had my nephews funeral this past weekend and I sat down and talked with the ABA about this years Bass schedule on Wednesday for the first time .. There was only a few dates left open where we could reserve the tourney stage and schedule our staff.. I did not see the benefit of the dates we were offered (the first one starting in July) and we feel it is best for this year to not have a Michigan schedule and in 2008 to go at Michigan with full force... Michigan is in the ABA's plans for 2008.

FYI.... BASS had planned to drop Michigan for 2007 before signing with the ABA due to the poor turnouts. They planned to cut back to 20 Divisions max.. The ABA was debating on whether or not to put Michigan on the schedule for 2007 and the issues I had made it impossible. To many things stacked against it for 2007...
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

dhuff

Hey Anthony,

I agree that starting in July would just make it difficult to get it all together.  I was more or less just curious that I didn't see it on there when I looke at the website thought maybe it just got missed or something and what possible was going to change now that it was in the ABA's hands.  Sorry for the loss in the family. 

dartag

anything to post on tentative schedules.  lakes at least??

Anthony Adams

Quoteanything to post on tentative schedules.  lakes at least??

My Schedule is set but I am not annoucing it until the ABA goes to print - this will be very soon.
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

McCarter

Here is a teaser for some lakes we are fishing this season.

Kent
Cass
St Clair
Belleville ( Finally! )
Nepessing
Detroit River
St Clair River
Saginaw Bay

McCarter himself :-\'

Anthony Adams

District 69 and Distrcit 67 have closed and a new District has opened in West Michigan

Here is District 7 schedule here in SE Michigan

6-May  Kent Lake - Paper West Launch
20-May  St. Clair - Paper Clinton River Cut Off
27-May  Nepessing Lake Inn
3-Jun  Saginaw Bay Bay Shore Marina
17-Jun  St. Clair Harley Ensign
24-Jun  Belleville Lake  DNR
22-Jul  Thompson Lake City Launch
5-Aug  Cass Lake Dodge 4 State Park

2-Day Championship

18-Aug  St. Clair North Channel
19-Aug  St. Clair North Channel

14-Sep   ABA - Regional - LAKE ONTARIO - Henderson Harbor, NY
15-Sep   ABA - Regional - LAKE ONTARIO - Henderson Harbor, NY

jcox7

how are we going to do AOY this year will it be best 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 tournaments????  I think that it should be at least best 4 plus 2 day but that is my opinion.. 
     Also can we get a big bass of the year pot started I thnk 25.00 a person 75% to biggest bass 25% to second biggest

Anthony Adams

Yes we can do a biggest bass of the year Option Pot ... I always liked those...

AOY will be based on 6 one day events and the 2-day

stackenem

Which Thompson lk is it the one in howell?
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

jcox7

McCarter

LAKE ONTARIO???

dartag

that's east lake ontario.  or St Lawerence river. 450 miles. also the same weekend as the 2 day BFL.  also Neppessing is the same day as Kent OCBM. 

Hooksetter

Schedule looks good. Now if May would hurry up and get here we can get started!
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

csfishslayer

I agree looks good can't wait
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

Skip Johnson

121 days 3 hours and 37 minutes 20 seconds till sunrise april 28th.
Go Big or Go Home!

Anthony Adams

QuoteWhich Thompson lk is it the one in howell

Yes ...

McCarter

Sounds like good largemouth structure.