Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 01:47:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

What "Saying" Drives you crazey?

Started by Durand Dan, January 06, 2011, 08:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on January 08, 2011, 03:26:36 PM
Some people study the past. I'm hoping, so they can finally stop repeating the same mistakes...

I think 'it is what it is' is a variation of 'if it quacks like a duck...' crossed with 'that's how the cookie crumbles'

I would rather hear "if it quacks like a duck" and/or "that's how the cookie crumbles".  Makes more sense than "it is what it is".  One of my favorites is "whatever floats your boat" and "whatever blows your dress up".      :o

BD               ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Puma

"nuff said", and "Just sayin"

Those two whether spoken or written really bug me.  If you have said enough, then your words should speak for themselves, "just sayin" is like you are apologizing for what you've just said.  If you have to apologize right away, better to not say anything at all.

bassinman#1

I heard a woman at walmart say to her crying child, "SUCH IS LIFE" I wanted to smack her, I'm sorry, but that drove me nuts, she kept on saying it over and over.

djkimmel

Maybe she was on commission of some kind...??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MadWags

These may be oldies but they still drive me crazy.
Not that anyone says them its just that the voices in my head keep repeating them.
My grandmother used to say "Keep your feet off the Davenport!" and "Eat your potatoes first!"
And then just before I got hit over the head with a metal soup spoon. "Simmer down now!"

My dad used to say "Well for crying out loud!" and my mother said my first and middle name together so many times I named my company !!!!!!DAVID EDWARD!!!!!.

For you Dan.
Wags
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

Shouldn't that be ALL CAPS in bold (I'm just hearing your Mother too)?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

I am sick of Git er done.  We have so many people at work that still say that.  It drives me nuts.  It bothered me the first time I saw it painted down the side of a Jeep at Silver Lake, before I ever heard Larry The Cable Guy say it.  Bad part was that there was another Jeep that said Got er did behind that one.  Where's my gun?

djkimmel

MadWags

Here is one that everytime I hear it I wonder what the heck the person is thinking. It has no place in an intelligent sentence.

Blah Blah Blah

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

joshimoto son

Apparently... McCarter Himself did not log "Himself" in when he used my computer.
I hereby certify that I am not responsible for any post between the days of Jan. 9 - Jan. 11

But while I'm here....

I can't stand.

"Welcome to my life!" If you don't like it, change it.

"That's what they did!" If "they" did something wrong, it does not give you the right to do it too.

"so whatever" ....  "I told someone I was going to help them move but then got side tracked and couldn't make it. So whatever."
That still doesn't make it okay.

It's not a phrase, but one that really annoys me to no end. The word "Folks". Every outdoor show host uses the word "Folks". Just what is "Folks" anyways? It's used so much now it has just become impersonal.
I challenge everyone who is now, or will be making a show to quit using the word "Folks" and address the viewers like you care.

joshimoto son ;D

Colin Linton

"Swing for the Fences"

I can understand this being used in Baseball however have trouble finding it's relevance to anything else in life.

Colin 
Don't let your shadow be the only thing you cast today!

Skulley

"Hit the ground running" makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. The only time I have ever seen anyone hit the ground running was the Roadrunner...beep, beep.

BD.                      ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

MadWags

I once hit the ground running when I flew off my motorcycle down in Florida.
I broke my leg and ended up with screws in my knee.
My recommendation is not to hit the ground running if you are already traveling at high speed.

djkimmel

Unless you run real fast...

I now have realized I've started getting caught up in the 'folks' thing. It is pervasively contagious! I will have to work hard this year to break it before it is too late!

Cheetam

Without a doubt...Pervasively Contagious  :D
Jeff

Redbone

Re: What "Saying" Drives you crazey?

When people use proper grammer.   ;)

Skulley

Being addressed as "Dude". At my age, I find it not to be respectable. Call me "Mister". That "dude" stuff may be the lingo of todays youth, but it won't take you very far in the business world when you try to act with high integrity and credibility. Try to get a job using that term during an interview. I guarantee that you won't be hired addressing the interviewer as "Dude".

Quote from: Redbone on January 28, 2011, 09:20:53 AM

Re: What "Saying" Drives you crazey?

When people use proper grammer.   ;)

I think you mean "when people use improper grammar".  It bothers me when it is in writing as well as spoken. Bad spelling gets to me too. It shows actually how intelligent people are.........or not.          :o
BD.                                   ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

MadWags

MadWags

How about this nonsensical statement; "If I were you...."

Skulley

Quote from: MadWags on January 28, 2011, 10:23:38 AM
Right on UAWBigDude!

Thanks Wags.  I always remember that ignorance is "bliss".  If people only knew how ignorant they looked and sounded by not using proper grammar and proper spelling.  A friend of mine is a very poor speller.  But he doesn't care.  I have even tried to help him and he just doesn't care.  I have known him a long long time so I tolerate it.  However, others don't take him seriously because he comes off sounding like an uneducated "buffoon".  I even told him how to use spell check and how the computer will tell you if you made a mistake.............but again he just doesn't care.  It gets to the point where I can't take him seriously and all I can do is shake my head.    :-\'

BD                ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com