Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 05:16:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

The water is still pretty hard up there...

Started by Savage, February 17, 2006, 06:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savage

OK, I didn't get any bass this time, but the walleye and perch were pretty hungry for minnows on Black Lake last weekend.  Just pop a hole in the water at about 25-30 feet of depth, and "BAM" dinner is served.

I did find one peice of structure out there that I didn't know about, hope I can find it again some summer!
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

McCarter

Take and handheld GPS out there and mark it, then write down the coordinates and put them in your GPS.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

Savage

That's my plan if I make it back up there before my marked spot moves or melts.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

ronhuntfish

Just put that tub of a boat in. It should break the ice just fine.

You still havn't shown us how you go swimming before Memorial Day.

Savage

Hey, I promise every year at the opening tournament that if I win, I'll go swimming.  Can't help it that I've won the last two years in a row and nobody has reminded me to swim. . . . ::)   guess that's your fault ;D
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

blakstr1

Swimming in northern Michigan early in the year is in our blood...when I used to run around Rogers City with my cousins as a kid, we would take a plunge in Lake Huron every year before Memorial Day off the marina docks.  (when I say every year, we probably did it 5 or 6 times).  My cousin would always jump his pedal bike off the docks, he still has one that never saw land again!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

ronhuntfish

I'll remember!  In fact, I might just push you off the dock no mater who wins.

Savage

Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

Jmcfarland

Me and my buddys used to jump in a little early too. Oh sure it sounds fun til your in the water. :o

blakstr1

its amazing it only takes about 12 months to forget how cold the water really is, it would take the National Guard and 2 grumpy gorillas to get me to do that now!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

dhuff

I hate the sound of the hard water.  I love to ice fish but can't even stand the thought of it anymore.  Nothing but putting the boat into some open water will help now. 

Savage

I was very surprised about how much of a "fix" I got from pulling in a few perch and walleye!  Being as ultra-competitive as I am (just ask Blake, it's ridiculous) I was of course trying to catch the most and the biggest (which I did, by the way ;D) and that REALLY helped cure the itch for a while.  Now I want to get back out there and try again, because of course, I want to try a different spot, technique, etc.

Sheesh!
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

blakstr1

Quote from: Savage on February 20, 2006, 03:44:50 AM
I was very surprised about how much of a "fix" I got from pulling in a few perch and walleye!?

maybe you should try the grab and shake method that Poorboy talked about on an earlier post..works for all types of applications, including getting a "fix"  ;D
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com