Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 10:45:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Fuji Micro guides

Started by YpsiBass, July 22, 2011, 04:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YpsiBass

Has anyone fished a rod with these on them?  Researching a new spinning rod (and selling a Citica D/Shimano Crucial rod soon) and noticed a lot of the newer rods are sporting these.  The guides look tiny and they're supposed to offer increasing casting distance, but before picking one up, wanted to know if anyone had tried them.

Cy

I have built and fished with a couple of rods with Fuji micro guides, both spinning and casting.  They are awesome.  You will be very pleased with the cast distance and lightness of the rod.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

YpsiBass

Was reading about getting gunk on my line (thinking cottonwood) that made casting difficult.  How much does that hamper usability?

thedude

depends on what size micros  - they range from about the size of a hook eye to about as big drinking straw. I have 2 rods with size 3s which are actually smaller than the fuji 3s and have only had an issue with dog wood gunking them up 1 time in 3 seasons - and that was on spinning gear.  I've been running micros for about 3 years now. 3 out of the 16 rods in my boat don't have them and i've never found them to be cause for concern. I put them on flipping sticks, frog rods, light spinning gear you name it. 

I will say this - be wary of the guide size if you use braid and a uni-uni knot to a leader. Depending on the size of the guide and the lb test leader, the knot can get stuck in the guides. fuji size 4 or 4.5 micros will pass just about anything however.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

YpsiBass

Thanks fellas.  Think a microguide kistler is in my future...

FishermanJohn

Is there a maximum line diameter that can be used with the micro guides?  I was looking at a Dukett Micro Magic at Cabelas and it seems like a really nice rod but those guides sure look tiny.