Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 02:51:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Those who fished kent lk

Started by jcox7, May 08, 2007, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcox7

For those of you who fished the torunament and arrived early on Sunday you might of seen the antics of the officer on duty that morning.  For those who didnt I will emblish he jumped out of his truck cussing like a sailor and threatning us that he was goin g to write all of us a ticket. (for who knows what) I did not appreciate this at all, the fu** word was thrown at me at least 4 times with ryan, chad and matt along with others standing there in shock. Chad and I have contacted the Chief of Metro Park police and have both complained, between my household alone I have over 100$ in vehicle stickers as a paying patron of the park system and a grown adult the way I was talked to made me sick.  I am asking anyone that was there sunday to also call the Chief of the Metro Park Police and complain.  Just because someone has a gun and a little badge does not give them the right to act like this.
I am sure we are not the first group that has put up with his crap but maybe we can be the last.

Thanks
Jeff Cox

gbaade

It was my first time out there so I never would of said anything but ummmm, yeah he was kind of over the line. All I heard was Get these f'n cars out of here. That's a thru lane not a parking lot. Or something to that effect. Then a bunch of back and forth that was inaudible. I kind of assumed at that time of the morning no one would be trying to get in except the fisherman for the tourney. Whatever the case no F BOMBS were dropped on me so I will refrain from calling the PD but if they were I would definitely make it known. Hope you get some results in your case.

bbtt123

Quote from: jcox7 on May 08, 2007, 07:43:11 PM
For those of you who fished the torunament and arrived early on Sunday you might of seen the antics of the officer on duty that morning.  For those who didnt I will emblish he jumped out of his truck cussing like a sailor and threatning us that he was goin g to write all of us a ticket. (for who knows what) I did not appreciate this at all, the fu** word was thrown at me at least 4 times with ryan, chad and matt along with others standing there in shock. Chad and I have contacted the Chief of Metro Park police and have both complained, between my household alone I have over 100$ in vehicle stickers as a paying patron of the park system and a grown adult the way I was talked to made me sick.  I am asking anyone that was there sunday to also call the Chief of the Metro Park Police and complain.  Just because someone has a gun and a little badge does not give them the right to act like this.
I am sure we are not the first group that has put up with his crap but maybe we can be the last.

Thanks
Jeff Cox

Hey Jeff, after fishing with you on Sunday I think you kind of deserved it anyways, lol. I was just sitting there minding my business and only heard a bit of what happened as I was back far enough that it didnt make its way to me. But when he drove by he didnt seem to be in a great mood, and I only assumed he was a bit upset. Then Anthony told me what happened when I was helping him bring stuff up to the tables from his van, needless to say I was shocked he acted like that.

James

bassackward

I was unlucky enough to be the first van in line on Sunday, and I was disgusted.  It was childish and uncalled for on behalf of the Officer on duty.  The Present members suffered a verbal lashing from a man who was obviously in a bad mood, and had no right wearing a badge that morning.  I would like to thank our leader Anthony for handling himself in a professional matter, and also for having all our backs.  I also have the E-mail address for the Huron-Clinton Metro Parks Police                                 

I just ask that we all act like professionals and remember that we are representing the ABA.

E-mail address

howard.chanter@metroparks.com     
work is work, love is love,FISHING is LIFE!!!

McCarter

Did he open the gate after the verbal abuse?  I didnt see any of it.  I was about 6 cars back listening to some Black Dhalia Murder and not paying much attention to what was going on up there.

Seems like if he opened the gate after screaming at you guys then he was just trying to be a Richard Cranium.

McCarter himself :-\'

stackenem

Hey McCarter let's watch the use of my name. Bill Head. LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Anthony Adams

Quote from: bassackward on May 09, 2007, 03:25:40 PM

I just ask that we all act like professionals and remember that we are representing the ABA.

E-mail address

howard.chanter@metroparks.com     

Please keep in mind guys that we are guests there and they don't have to let us come in. The park has been great over the years and Kevin S ... is a good guy.

I agree the officer was way out of line and I was shocked by his words, actions and language. I feel I handled it professionally and let him know his actions were out of line. He opened the gate and we had a short discussion about what had set him off. I believe he knew he was in the wrong and that is why he choose to keep it short.

I am concerned that sending e-mails and making formal complaints will look poorly on the ABA. All I ask is that you please act professionally.
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

bosshawg

WOW!!!! sorry to hear about your morning troubles. sounded like someone doesn't like mornings. we pretty much arrived around 6am on the east & no troubles at all.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters