Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 02:05:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

I have the best wife in the world! careful reading this, you may get jealous.

Started by Mike S., August 30, 2010, 03:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

My wife and I are celebrating our 7th anniversary today.  Last night, we were laying in bed with the kids, being lazy and watching tv, when her mom called.  My wife then asks me if I want mom to come over today when I get home from work and watch the kids so we can do something.  I then asked her what we were going to do.  Out of nowhere, I hear the words........GO FISHING!!!!  Yes, we're going fishing for our anniversary!  Gotta go before she changes her mind.

djkimmel

Dude! Enjoy your anniversary! We'd have to go ice fishing for mine!! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

When you read this it will be I hope you HAD a great time. She is special. I already knew that. Those are words I have never and never will hear lol.

Mike S.

Just got back.  Had a blast.  The wife now knows how to use plastics, and has outfished me, as far as numbers go.  I got 2 of them in the 3# range.  She got 1 that was 1.5 #, and 2 rock bass that were about 6 inches each.  She also had a LM that was about 8 inches or so.  He got off at the boat when she decided to quit reeling when she thought it wasn't there anymore.  We got to have dinner at the Bear Lake Tavern.  No kids, just me and mama.  Then, after leaving the lake, slushees at the ice cream shop.

Durand Dan

It's great having a wife that knows your passion! I can remember a day 5 years ago when my wife and I visited Bass Pro shop for a lure tour. She told me to go over and see what I could find. After a while and grabbing a basket full I went looking for her in the womens clothing section. As I walked through I glanced over at the boat section and here she is talking to the salesman. She's a pretty social person so I figured she was just yakking it up. I get over there and she said, "what do you think about that boat? It was a Tracker Tournament V-18 which was a considerable upgrade from my 25hp Bass Tracker. Then then said the Saleman had a great deal on it.  I was puzzled and finally got the hint. She made a deal to get me a new boat! To bad I wasn't quicker. I would have upgraded! ;D

Firefighter Jeff

I also have a great wife.  She's a fair weather fisherman and doesn't last long but I did have her in waders snagging for salmon in the Ludington State park on our honeymoon in the fall of 84.  Oh and she snagged two to my one.  lololol

Mojo

sorry guys, mine tops em all - Took the family to White Lake for a weekend vacation with the kids, dune buggies rocked, Michigan Adventures rocked, but she wanted to go fishing too, so she was set up with DS gobies along rip rap and BAM she gets 2 buckets 2 and 3 lb.

Lets me get up early on the last day and tells me to go ahead and fish while she packs, feeds the kids, loads the truck and pays the bill .... Like WOW .. SO I fish off the dock at Lakeside Resort - Nail 5 keepers off one weed patch,  3.5, 3, and some 16 inchers - all nice fish.

Next we come back and I have to prepare for the BFL and TBF, so she cooks in advance, and when I came home Sunday night after the TBF, -5 days of fishing for me in 7 days, does she start in complaining ? Bit$%in ? ... Nope.. she offers me her arms over a pillow for me to crash into .... Which I was out cold in 4 seconds exhausted.

Now how can any woman be nicer to her addict than that ? !!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

1javelin

For our five year anniversary this weekend my wife bought four, not two, but four tickets to go see Michigan State pound on the Broncos!!  Told me to bring my friend and his wife or brother, whichever can go!!  To heck with fishing, I'm going to watch some MSU football!!  Then tells me that she would allow us to stay in Michigan if I go to MSU!!!  Here I come Lansing, just wait til I get my classes here done!!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Frank

So me and the GF are fishing sellings tournament on Pontiac lake a little more than a month ago.  It starts raining so hard it felt like a million bullets hitting your skin.   She was all covered up in frog toggs, which she found out aren't actaully monsoon proof.  Then, the sky stars to blacken and huge lightning strikes surrounded us, I thought there would be a tornado any minute.  We were only 100 yards from the launch and watched three other boats come in for cover.  Kimmy walks up to the front of the boat, because you could hear nothing in that madness, and says to me, "aren't we supposed to go in when it lightnings", to which I reply, "not when we paid to get in a tournament".  She then says, "what should we do",  I told her, "Cast really low to lessen the chance of getting hit by lightning".  She said ok, walked back to the back deck and continued fishing.  I was so amazed and happy she took it, and also happy we didn't die because dying always sucks.

Frank

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

Frank, did the famous words "Here's your sign" go through your head as she was going backto the back of the boat?  First thing I thought of when I read your post.

EKennedy

You all have great wives and girlfriends.  But mine wins.  She lets me go fishing.  That's enough for me.  OK...Well...there are other reasons too...but I shan't discuss them here...for obvious reasons.  If she ever reads this she'll know why.   ;)

t-bone

Mine wins... all the fishing and sex I want. Period. and she doesn't know how to use the computer.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: t-bone on September 02, 2010, 08:20:22 PM
Mine wins... all the fishing and sex I want. Period. and she doesn't know how to use the computer.

LMAOOOOOOOOOO    :D