Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 02:41:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Kent Lake top 6

Started by McCarter, May 09, 2006, 11:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

1st - Eric Bond - 17lbs 1 onz
2nd - John Jezierski - 16lbs 12 onz
3rd - Steve Smith - 14lbs 13 onz - Big Bass 4lbs 4onz
4th - Jeremy Diaz - 14lbs 6 onz
5th - Josh Kolodzaike - 14lbs 5 onz
6th - Andy Nowyorkas - 14lbs 4 onz

PoorBoy himself :-\'

Revtro

17lbs.  Dang!  What's the secret to that lake?  Were the winning weights mostly Largemouth?
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Hooksetter

I fished with Eric Bond and all of our fish were smallies. I had 2 that went 5lb. 10oz. I should have had a limit but I did not execute as well as I should have. We were on fish all day.

I want to thank Eric Bond for all that he taught me about bed fishing. I had very little experience at it and was struggling at first. He took the time to explain why he did things the way he did depending on where the fish was positioned and how it was reacting to the bait. He answered every question I had in detail, not just a one or two word explanation.

I think I learned more about bed fishing from Eric on Sunday than I have learned from all the articles and videos that I have read or watched since I have been fishing tournaments.

Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

McCarter

That is exactly how i felt after fishing with Big Show Terry Scroggins.  It was the same thing.  He took the time to explain everything to me in detail and really helped me get a grip on the whole situation.

Eric is a good guy.  And a great fisherman.  He is especially dangerous when the fish are on beds.  Last year, he won the ABA Cass Lake paper tournament with over 25 lbs ( if memory serves ).

When we both pulled up to the same big girl on Sunday morning, i figured i would let him have it.  Like he said, no use arguing even tho i got there first, and no i was not racing him to the fish.  I just took the secret bat cave entrance behind the island where as he went all the way around the island and the big flat.  I thought i could still compete even giving that spot away.  I had been out there pre fishing enough to find 8 good quality fish. 

Either way, it was a good tournament and just about everyone got into them really good.

I went to one of my spots i had picked out for the tournament on tuesday night.  Maize got the first fish, 18.5" smallie and i got the second smallie at 18".  Not long after i hooked into the mother of smallmouth bass but she quickly pulled free.  It was a biggy tho.  Shame.  I would have liked to smack Maize in the back of the head with her tail.  I owe him that much.

They are still out there, just about everywhere.  I suspect the big green females will be moving up soon as we will be having a full moon in soon.  I think may 15.  give or take a few days.  cant remember. 

PoorBoy himself :-\'

MBell

Did you guys weigh any of your fish?  Just curious to see how close it was to the paper weight, 17lbs sounds about right for this time of year.  Congrats to Jon on 2nd place. 
-Matt 

dartag

Quote from: MBell on May 11, 2006, 04:25:40 PM
Did you guys weigh any of your fish?? Just curious to see how close it was to the paper weight, 17lbs sounds about right for this time of year.? Congrats to Jon on 2nd place.?
-Matt?

i thought about that on the way home.  i had big bass which when meausred on the golden rule was   4.4    it was a largemouth with a big belly.  wish i would have weighed it with my scale to see.

just have to catch it again next year and weigh it..