Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 06:51:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

So I bought a truck tonight...

Started by Waterfoul, March 08, 2010, 09:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterfoul

Many of you know I've been looking for a better tow vehicle than my Ford Escape to haul around my Triton TR 18.  Well tonight I bought a 1998 Chevy Tahoe 4 door 4x4.  It's absolutely loaded.  Leather, cruise, good tires, after market exhaust (love the sound of a V8 thru glass packs!), tow package.  The interior looks like new.  Has a few scratches on the outside but no rust.  Everything works and looks like new.  It has 180,000 miles on it but drives nice.  I'll be putting new shocks on it mostly because I can.  I've known the dealer since I was a kid (his kids are all friends of mine) and he takes pride in selling decent VERY clean vehicles.  He's been in business in the same location since 1960 so he's been doing it right for 40 years.  I can't wait to tow the Triton with this thing!!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Cy

Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Mike S.

That's a nice ride.  I love the Tahoes and Burbs.  Worst case scenario, you can get a brand new motor from Berger Chevrolet for around $2000.  If you take care of it, it will last quite a while.  My last Suburban had over 200,000 on it when I traded it in, on the original drivetrain.  I pulled a 24 foot enclosed car trailer that weighed 4,000 pounds, and a 2400 pound car, with tools and a grill and everything else you could think of to make a day at the races enjoyable.  It will pull that boat no problem.

Firefighter Jeff

Congrats Mike  !!!!!  What color is the new ride???  That thing will "Jerk" that Triton of yours around like it's not even there.  Hmmmmm  Time to upgrade the boat now?????  lolol    Jeff

bigjc

You cannot go wrong with a truck wearing a bow tie!!!

gr@ssmonkey

nice pick mike,glad to see u chose the tahoe over the envoy,is this the tahoe that has the plastic louvers on the back corners or no(just wondering what body style), even though i'm a die hard toyota guy,i love chevy's and a surburban or tahoe is the one i would pick....the glass packs are good for keeping the deer away on them early morning trips to the lake ;D ;D loud pipes save lives ;D ;D

mikesmiph

Cy

Quote from: gr@ssmonkey on March 09, 2010, 03:01:12 AM
nice pick mike,glad to see u chose the tahoe over the envoy,is this the tahoe that has the plastic louvers on the back corners or no(just wondering what body style), even though i'm a die hard toyota guy,i love chevy's and a surburban or tahoe is the one i would pick....the glass packs are good for keeping the deer away on them early morning trips to the lake ;D ;D loud pipes save lives ;D ;D

The '98 is one of the last years of the old body style and the traditional small block 350cid engine in the Tahoe line.  I believe they changed to the newer body and engine half way through 1999 for Tahoe and in 2000 for the Suburbans.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

bob o

compared to the escape you will not even feel the toon behind you, full size trucks/suvs are the best for towing rock on  8)

SethV

Waterfoul

As Cy said... it's the older body style (which I really like!) and has the 350 ci Vortec engine.  It's a blueish green color, has running boards, and a roof rack.  This was a top of the line - all the boxes checked - truck when new.   Another plus is that if I ever need parts for it the junk yards are FULL of them.

I'm thinking the very first thing to be replaced will be the shocks for sure.  181,000 miles on the original shocks is a lot of miles.  Shoot... you can get a decent set of shocks for all 4 corners for $100 these days.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

McCarter

I had a 99 Tahoe and LOVED IT.  Pulled the Ranger like a champ.  Plus, when the wife got mad at me, i could fit an air mattress in the back and sleep in there.  in fact, i stopped camping for tournaments once i got that thing.  Slept in it in KY for the whole week.  great vehicle.

McCarter himself :-\'

REEL_MAN

Waterfoul

Quote from: McCarter on March 09, 2010, 11:05:26 AM
I had a 99 Tahoe and LOVED IT.  Pulled the Ranger like a champ.  Plus, when the wife got mad at me, i could fit an air mattress in the back and sleep in there.  in fact, i stopped camping for tournaments once i got that thing.  Slept in it in KY for the whole week.  great vehicle.

McCarter himself :-\'

Never thought about that!  The girlfriend has a Suburban... so any camping can be done in that!!  2' longer!!  LOL!

mikesmiph

Brian, if it pulled a Ranger like a Champ, how would it pull a Champ?

Mike S.

Hopefully it will pull a Champ out of bankruptcy, along with Ranger and Stratos.  Just read that in the new Bass Master.  Didn't mean to hi-jack your thread.  You will love the Tahoe. 

Redbone

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: mikesmiph on March 09, 2010, 11:27:45 AM
Brian, if it pulled a Ranger like a Champ, how would it pull a Champ?

Now, that right there is clever AND funny !!!!    ;D