Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 11:11:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

KLBA Third Event

Started by McCarter, June 24, 2008, 09:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

The Kent Lake Bass Anglers Tuesday Night Team Tournament is once again upon us.   Hope to see some new faces out there tonite.  Together, we can overcome the dreaded 4 boat curse and cast the serpent back into the earth.

East Boat Launch

5pm-9pm

$40 team includes $10 Big Bass pot

100% payback

3 fish limit

Live Dancing Girls (subject to change)

McCarter himself :-\'

McCarter

If anyone wants to fish but doesnt have a partner, MIBasser (Andy) can fish as a boater or as a non boater and is looking for a partner tonite.  let me know as soon as you can if you would like to team up with him. 

dartag

i will be on Cass in the clear water.  guess some " Patch Pirate " did good with your Gobies there on sunday.  I think i know where he fished.   got to get me some of them baits.  you got any patches yet. 

have fun

ss

chase5004

I will be headed that way here in a bit, probably around 1530 hours or so. I have no partner either tonight. I was planning on dragging my boat down, and going as a boater, but I am willing to take the back seat or front seat to learn some more about this lake. I'll be coming from Grand Blanc, so let me know if I should bring the boat or unhook it. If I have not heard or seen anything before 1515 hours I will assume I still need to bring the boat down. We can always figure something out at the ramp if we need to. 

Pat

MIBasser

I will not be making it today.  Sorry guys.  But if I get a notice before noon, I have no problem making it as either a co or boater.

Andy

SethV

Sounds like it was a nice evening.  I was hoping to make it.  I hooked up with Andy too late, so i was going to take my 4 year old.

By the time we finished diner and got ready it was 4:40, we decided to not rush over to Kent and we stayed home and played with Lego's instead.

Seth

Durand Dan

McCarter,

If you think about it post a reminder on Monday before the next Tues. tourny. that way I can bring the boat to work.

DD

Langer

Some pictures from last night.  I had a SLOW night, my fish came on my first cast, not another, not even short fish after that. (Curse of the 1st Cast)
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

Langer

Couple more.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

McCarter

Kent is super tough right now.  I heard they just sprayed the lake on Saturday.  LIke Eric said, the water was dirty and there were floating weeds everywhere.  Kev and I had a very tough time out there.  we didnt catch a keeper until about 8:30 pm.  Despite seeing multiple blowups in every single area we fished, we couldnt get anything to take a topwater.  Or a spinnerbait.  Or a Jerkbait.  Here is a short list of everything i threw last night, just to give you an idea:

Jackall Giron (0 fish)
Lucky Craft Pointer 100 (i missed fish but i got that suckers scale)
Lucky Craft Pointer 78 (0 fish)
Terminator Spinnerbaits (1 short fish that came off)
Lucky Craft Sammy 85 (1 short fish)
Mizmo Tube (a couple pecks,0 fish for me but Kev caught our only keeper on it)
Nemesis 3" goby (3 short fish)
Strike King Bitsy Bug (3 hits, 3 swings, 3 misses)

Here is the breakdown and payout.

5 boats. total of 6 fish weighed by 4 teams. 

1st place: Kim and Harry Veenstra 7.18lbs $150

2nd place: Kevin Barrows and Brian McCarter 2.92 lbs

3rd place: Brian and Darrel Lang 2.40 lbs

4th place: Pat and Andy 1.53lbs

5th place: Eric Bond (didnt weigh)

Big Bass: Kim and Harry Veenstra 3.14 lbs $50

Congrats to Kim and Harry on back to back wins.  And thanks to everyone who came out.  Also, thanks to Marcel Veenstra for being our celebrity co director ;)

We will be back at it again in 2 weeks.  See you guys July 8th!

Team houston

Who won? and how many boats?

stackenem

How come no tx next tuesday the 1st? That is one I would have been able to make.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Bender

Bill, It is every other Tuesday night. I think that is enough punishment for how tough it is fishing right now.  8)
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

stackenem

Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing