Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 12:10:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Time to set a standard meeting day.

Started by Revtro, March 13, 2010, 03:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

As I read through the swap meet post and see how hard it is for us to get a meeting date together...I am reminded that it seems to be difficult like this every time.  So in my opinion I think it's time for EBA to start having monthly meetings in the winter and generally get a little more organized.  So here's what I suggest:  If we can still get a swap meet date together...great.  Let's do it.  But in the off season, how about we start meeting monthly on the second Monday of the month.

That way we can have monthly meetings like most other clubs do.  If we keep it on a regular night of the month like this, I think more guys will attend and there will be a whole lot less confusion about when the next meeting should be held.  Also, if we keep it on that day every month, whoever can make it...makes it.    This will also let us plan to bring in speakers and stuff like that.

I'd suggest we get out of the habit of trying to get dates together the way we typically have.  It's just to hard to plan that way.

Another thing I think we need to do is appoint someone to do the draw for every event.  Typically in the past we've allowed guys to pick their own partners, but we've also done draws.  I think draws work better so the same guys aren't fishing together all the time.  I would like to nominate Rick to do it because I think he's a very fair and honest guy.  If he is open to it, he could pair up guys so that there is a good rotation.  (not necessarily a random draw; more of a pairing)

Guys, generally I think we're missing out on new members wanting to join our club because we come off as disorganized and we don't have regular meetings, which is half the fun of being in a club. 

So what does everyone think?  Should we make our next meeting on the second Monday of April?  That would be right before our first outing and we can do our draw that night.  I'd suggest we meet at the Bdubs on Hall Road at Mound.  I know some of you can't make it that particular Monday, but if you think Mondays in general will work for you, let us know. 

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Wolf_fisherman

Mondays will work for me Tom. As long as its after 600pm in case i gotta work overtime.
Carpe Diem

stackenem

I work 12 noon to 10 pm so any weekday is out for me.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

bob o

monday's work for me, depending on the meeting location.

Revtro

The next EBA meeting is April 12 at 7pm at the BDUBs on Hall Road (M-59) at Mound.

At this meeting, we'll finalize our draw for the first event.  Looking forward to seeing you all out there.  Bill, since you can't make Mondays, let me know if we should get you in the draw for a boater or non. 

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

stackenem

Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

LennyB

Hi Guys,
I agree with the get more organized idea. I plan to make the Monday meeting and fish the Orchard Lake event as a boater.
Also, if the club would like a web site, I can build it for free. Hosting would cost between $10 and $40 per year depending on who we have host it. The one I built for the Downriver Bass Association (www.downriverbassassociation.com) and Michigan Bass Fishing Tour (www.michiganbassfishingtour.com) are $10 per year sites. I think it is a good resource for potential new members to find us. Let me know what you guys think.

Len B.

mikesmiph

I'll be at the meeting, but I'm not familiar with BDUBs. Can someone tell me how to get there from 75?

Revtro

Yep.  Easy.  Take I-75 to M-59 and go EAST.  Just as you approach Utica, you'll exit at Mound and turn right into the shopping center.  BDUBs is in the back to the right. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Mojo

Tom Ill book em danno for Monday. As well for the next fish - can I jump in as a non-boater ?
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

LennyB

Hi guys,
I won't be able to make the meeting today but I do plan to fish the Orchard Lake event. Please sign me up as a boater. Leonard B.

SethV

I won't be able to make it tonight - and i won't be able to make the first event.  I will be traveling for work April 17 - May 1.

bob o

same story here, no meeting but would like to fish orchard lake as a boater, see ya at the swap meet

EKennedy

Wish I could have made it to the meeting...but I have three evening meetings scheduled this week. 

Please sign me up for Orchard lake...as a boater.

Thanks.

LennyB

Hi guys,
Are we going to have a meeting in May (the second Monday of the month)? I think it is a good idea to keep the monthly meetings going to build a strong club.
Results and patterns of the previous fishing events can be discussed, sign up and pairing of the next fishing event can be done and tips and techniques for the up coming events can be shared so every can do better.
What do you guys think??

Revtro

You know Mike, even though we talked about having meetings mainly during the off season, I think you have a great idea.  So yes, lets do it.  Second Monday of every month.  But guys, don't forget...we be an East side club.  Let's not meet to far West or we won't be able to draw East side folks to our club.  K?  Can we at stick with the BW3 on Hall Road? 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]