Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 04:13:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Moving

Started by Bender, August 22, 2009, 05:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bender

Just wanted to tell you guys thanks for all the great trips we have had over the past few years, I've learned a lot and had a lot of fun. My situation has changed and my wife and I are moving to Saranac Lake, NY this week. There are lots of lakes in the area and if any of you are every up that way feel free to stop by and we can go fish.

Here's a pic from my first time fishing with the club back in April 07 on Cass Lake:

- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

motocross269

Good luck in NY...There is no shortage of great Bass Fishing in that state..NY is a great outdoors state, everyone attaches NY state to the city, kind of like Detroit and Mi, but there are some awesome opportunities there....

Durand Dan

When I recover I'll be taking you up on that offer!

DD

MIBassKid

Good luck Chris. Hope everything works out for you and the wife. What will happen with Nemesis Baits?!

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

fiker

I'm happy  for you and Heather.  I'm always glad when someone achieves their life's dream.

At the same time, I"m saddened to see you go.  There's just always something more special about friends that I've hunted and fished with.

You leaving will creates an emptiness that will be impossible to replace.  Truly Michigan's loss will be New York's gain.

All the best my friend.  You will be greatly missed.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Revtro

Wow Chris,
I'm sad to see you go.  I had no idea you were moving.  But on the flip side, I'm so happy that you are following your dreams and living the adventure.  You're an awesome guy and it's been great to get to know you a bit through the club.  We'll all miss you!  Let us know when you come back to visit so we can fish.  And if I get to NY, you bet I'll give you a shout so we can get out on a lake.  Keep in touch!
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

SethV

Chris,  You will be missed for sure.  On the up side, there is lots of great fishing in NY.  I loved living in upstate (conesus lake) - some of the best water in the world with Champlain, 1000 Islands, the better end of Erie and all of the Finger lakes.  Check out nybass.com, it is the NY version of "Greatlakesbass.com"

djkimmel

Had no idea you were moving farther away from us. It appears, and I hope this means, good things for you and your family.

I would love some New York fishing reports on here!?! nybass.com is okay... but GreatLakesBass.com emcompasses even New York... I have members already as far away as New Jersey and Massachussets who appear to be getting more active.

That's the cool thing about the Internet. You won't really be gone. Just farther away. A few fishing reports and it will almost be like you are still here. I hope you agree. I like having you around.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Team houston

Good luck to you. Speaking of Nemesis baits I just started getting into them I hope they stay around as I have been catching good ones on the gobies.

Bass_Cat

Hi Chris,

Sorry to see you go but best of luck with your move and whatever new endeavor you have going. If you ever get back this way and want to get out, give me a shout. Hope everything works out for you.

Good Luck and Best Wishes, Mark

McCarter

Sucks that Chris had to move but how many of us wouldnt like to have an excuse to move to NY for a while and fish Champlain, Finger Lakes, Thousand Islands, Erie Buffalo, etc?!?!?  Its gonna be tough to set everything up and go at it alone but Chris is going to get us established in NY so we can keep growing and expanding. Plus he has invited us all over to fish whenever we want.  Have fun out there pal.  start posting pictures of this monster Saranac Lake Smallies asap.  And...we need drop shot weights soon ;D  or should i say i need drop shot weights soon ::)

McCarter himself :-\'

Mark117

What can I say.....You will be missed!  :'( Thanks for everything! Had a blast this year fishing with you. Two wins on Kent, a big bass, a cash at belleville, fun trip to Sanford, First and last trip to Ford?

Can't wait to visit N.Y. and bust some giant largies...

Thanks again,
                                     jj sniper and the "little seal" ;D

Mark117

Chris, unpacked yet??? tons o fun? :'(

Mojo

Quote from: fiker on August 23, 2009, 11:08:12 AM
At the same time, I"m saddened to see you go.  There's just always something more special about friends that I've hunted and fished with.

Boy Fiker aint that the truth - Chris, be safe and fruitful in all you do. Carry the Lords name on your tongue and knock the livin crap outa those fish up in NY !!
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Skulley

Good luck Chris.  There are a lot of great fisheries in NY.  My brother lives in Connecticut.  He ventures to NY often to fish.  Lake Saranac is in the Finger Lakes region I think.  Lots of great fishing there for largies and smallies.  You are still not far from the eastern basin of Erie and you will have an opportunity to fish Lake Ontario.  How cool is that!!!   ;D  You still will have great fishing no matter what and that is a good thing!!!    ;D    ;D    ;D

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Bender

Got here and got most of the stuff unpacked. It is VERY remote, but there are a lot of lakes. It's right in the middle of the Adirondack park, an hour west of Plattsburgh and Champlain. I've been out four times so far and have been exploring a lot. The lakes here range from deep and rocky to shallow and stumpy.
Here's a few pics from Upper Saranac Lake:

and my first smallie as a New Yorker:

and here's a few from Upper and Lower Saint Regis Lakes:

First NY LM:

and the college where my wife is working:

Then Saturday evening I talked the wife into a short hike up Mount Baker in town. Here's a couple from the top:

If anybody wants to come up and fish this year let me know. It does get cold here pretty quick though so time may be short.

And Nemesis is just expanding, opening an eastern office. :)

I don't know why, but the pic from Regis in upside down. I can't seem to get it right, sorry.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

t-bone

Chris - that looks awesome. Don't think you'll be too disappointed with the lakes and the area. The college setting is perfect too.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

fiker

Isn't that pronounced New Yahrka? :)
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390