Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 12:10:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Have you ever eaten chicken wings with anyone in IMDb?

Started by djkimmel, April 18, 2012, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

You know how it is with us bass anglers... who has the fastest boat? Who catches the biggest sack? Who is personal buddies with the most pros? All these things and more that especially tournament bass anglers try to outdo each other with at shows, on the lake, at the big tournament weigh in.

Well, it just dawned on me that I have actually eaten hot chicken wings with someone who is so famous he is even in IMDb - the giant Internet Movie Database! That's got to count for something, right?!? Yeah, I know. A little weak trying to 'ride coattails' based on chicken wings... ;D

Mark Zona

So how about you? What famous person do you 'hang out' with?

BTW, Dave Mercer was THE champion chicken wing eater but he has now gone to the dark side of the health kick! Good for him. I hope he hasn't totally given up chicken wings.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

Hmmmm  I can tell they need to change the bass fishing regulations in Michigan.... and fast  !!!!!!  You're going stir crazy!!  lololol

Mike S.

I would challenge Zona to sit down and eat some atomic wings with me. Would make for some fun conversation. As for eating wings with a celebrity, hasn't happened. Call Zona for me, and tell him to head to Quaker Steak. Atomic wing challenge!  Then, I can say I too ate wings with Z Train.

djkimmel

Maybe you ate macaroni and cheese with someone else? Or had a meaningful talk on a park bench with a movie star?

I figured everyone has a famous person experience. Seems like it always comes up. Might be fun to talk about since I don't know where half my fishing equipment even is right now...

What I also should do is tell Z to update his IMDb listing. They don't even have a picture of him on there.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Frank

I refused to bowl with Bill Clinton.  My sister took him up on it though

Mike S.

Ok, when I was 9 or 10, I went to a Lee Greenwood concert at Soldier Field. That is in Fort Polk, Louisiana. I went with my godparents. My god father was a leader or something for the local VFW. Anyways, after the concert, the 3 of us got to go on Lee's tour bus and hang out with him. We got pictures taken with him right on the bus. They have a picture with his arm around my neck. It was a cool experience for a kid.

If it weren't for my wife's surgery, I would have had a good story to tell from last week. I texted WGRD to win some concert tickets. Wasn't even sure which concert it was. Well, last Tuesday we were laying in bed watching tv at about 7:00, when my phone rang. It was the radio station. I won a pair of tickets to the Nickelback/Seether concert, which was the night before her surgery. Would have gotten to sit on stage, and hang out backstage afterwards. But, I had way more important things to worry about, so I had to let someone else be lucky.

My wife felt bad that we had to miss out. I told her not to worry about it. I then told her that if it was a fishing trip, I would be stringing her up from a tree in the front yard right now. Not really, but I had to make a joke of the situation.

Bender

Many years ago I got drunk in an airport bar in Thessaloniki Greece with the band Testament. We were the only ones there speaking English so we hung out for a couple of hours waiting on our flights.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

bassfan586

I had a few coors lights with kid rock while working on his studio in clarkston.   His manager told us when they are around working that the coors semi comes once a month to restock.  Pretty nice guy. 
Got one!

YpsiBass

Back in college I volunteered for the MacHack computer conference in Metro Detroit and ended up taking Steve Wozniak out to breakfast.  Does that count?

Dan

My way coolest experience in my life was getting to go down to Pentlala, Alabama and spend the night at Ray Scott's house. We met him at his office which is on his estate, and he drove us around the area as an intro. We got to see the church he supports and rebuilt etc. We then went to his home and his son came over and grilled steaks for us. Ray made colarabi greens from his own garden. They weren't too bad. We then sat around in his living room drinking totties all night and listening to him tell stories. We slept in his guest cabin, which is a replica of an old mountain cabin, that he had built next to his home. It had a main room with identical bedrooms that were off both sides. On the dresser in my room was a plaque that said President George Bush slept here. Ray had a basket chocked full of all kinds of goodies on the table in the cabin kitchen. The walls were full of pictures of famous people who had slept there. Next morning Ray had two bass boats ready outside his house. His deck goes right out to the water. Don Cochran and Ray fished in one boat and my buddy Don and I fished in the other. We fished his main pond. We started at the Rick Clunn hole. The fishing wasn't as good as Ray thought it should be so he called his hands and they brought the trucks and two trailers and we moved to another of his big "ponds."
I killed them on a KVD sexy shad crankbait and won the $10 big fish bet. I had Ray sign it and it's hanging on my wall. He then took us out to one of his favorite dinner places, a Southern comfort food spot in Montgomery. The whole time we were with him he treated us literally like family. He couldn't have been any nicer or friendlier. He is a hoot to be around. He likes the ladies and had about everyone of them that came by kissing him on the cheek. Obviously I could go on and on, but it was a once in a lifetime event that I'll never forget. Got to see Ray and his guy Friday, Jimmy Kientz down at a booth at the Classic. It was good to catch up with him. He's getting on in age like the rest of us and I could tell he was slipping a bit which is too bad, but it's going to happen to us all. He is a great man!
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

matt

My life is pretty lame now.....but I can now say I know somebody who ate chicken wings with Mark Zona now....LOL

I smoked a blunt with kottonmouth kings back in the day. =-/ Not really something to brag about since I don't do illegal drugs anymore and haven't in the past 10 years or longer. Life changes when you get married and have a kid.

thedude

i've had 20 some christmas dinners with someone on IMDB
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Mike S.

Quote from: matt on April 19, 2012, 12:44:50 PM
My life is pretty lame now.....but I can now say I know somebody who ate chicken wings with Mark Zona now....LOL

I smoked a blunt with kottonmouth kings back in the day. =-/ Not really something to brag about since I don't do illegal drugs anymore and haven't in the past 10 years or longer. Life changes when you get married and have a kid.

Hahahaha!!!  That is too funny!  I can totally relate to the changes that happen once you get married and have a kid.

Can someone please tell me what IMDb is?????

motocross269

Just recently I spent a couple of hours talking with Kevin Short about bass fishing and the life on the road...He was great and spent alot of time talking horses and dogs with my 9 year old daughter....

That same day I had lunch with Rick Pierce...The president/owner of Bass Cat boats...He is about as down to earth as it gets...He genuinely cares about every person that is running a Bass Cat boat...Wether it is brand new or 30 years old.

I have been lucky to meet quite a few "stars" during my time in the Military but the one that stands out the most would probably be Toby Keith..He is one of the few guys that took the risk and flew out to the $hithole we were occupying and spent time with my troops...Him and Vince Vaughn.....

djkimmel

Quote from: thedude on April 19, 2012, 01:06:14 PM
i've had 20 some christmas dinners with someone on IMDB

Please tell me it is Chevy Chase?!? ;D

djkimmel

Quote from: fbenn12122000 on April 19, 2012, 02:33:57 AM
I refused to bowl with Bill Clinton.  My sister took him up on it though

That's funny in so many ways!! Thanks Frank!!

djkimmel

Quote from: Ellipsis on April 19, 2012, 08:31:50 AM
Back in college I volunteered for the MacHack computer conference in Metro Detroit and ended up taking Steve Wozniak out to breakfast.  Does that count?

Yes. That counts. There are plenty of nerds on here (guilty).

djkimmel

Quote from: mikeszr800 on April 19, 2012, 01:34:27 PM

I said in the very first post it is the Internet Movie Database. Huge website of everything you want to know about movies, TV and the people who make and are in them. We go to it to remember who was in what movie or show, and to check out how the various fans rated a movie when we are trying to pick which one to watch.

Mike S.

Quote from: djkimmel on April 19, 2012, 02:32:48 PM
Quote from: mikeszr800 on April 19, 2012, 01:34:27 PM

I said in the very first post it is the Internet Movie Database. Huge website of everything you want to know about movies, TV and the people who make and are in them. We go to it to remember who was in what movie or show, and to check out how the various fans rated a movie when we are trying to pick which one to watch.

Ohhhhh.........  I must have forgotten that part by the time I was done reading. My mind wanders sometimes.

customfishn