Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 06:06:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

JVD to join KVD in the 2011 Elites

Started by Dan, December 03, 2010, 06:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

bassinman#1

How did he qualify for the Elites? I see him only 12th in points in the southern opens, and its suppose to be the top 7 in points, unless I am missing something here. I am happy for him, but just was wondering how ?

TCook

It depends on how many guys decline to fish the elites and they work there way down the list up to 15th or so I think.
FISH HARD!!!

bassinman#1

Oh I see, well that worked out well for him, good luck to him, I know he will do well in his first year.

djkimmel

A number of anglers could not do it this time and Jonathan got in. Jerry McKinnis announced it to all of us here at the Ranger factory today - something about a young 19 year old angler with the initials JVD... I also hear that Ryan Said will now be fishing the Elite Series, but I have not confirmed that with him and do not know if he has announced it. I will find out if I can as soon as we work our way back through the snow and ice to the North country.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I don't actually remember how old Jonathan is now - somewhere between 19 and 22 - but McKinnis said he was 19 while talking about the number of young angler they've had recently in the Elites.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Jerry McKinnis talking about young anglers qualifying for the 2011 Elite Series including a particular angler known already as JVD!

Mike S.

That would be awesome, the ultimate.  Could you imagine fishing against the giants of the fishing world?  Would be a rush just to put your boat in the water along side theirs.

I'm sure a lot of guys had to decline due to the tremendous costs involved.  I read somewhere that it's 50 grand just to join the elite series?  That's insane.  On top of having a truck that will haul your boat all over the country, and a boat worthy of the abuse that a year on the Elite series would dish out.  And then, the expenses of living on the road.  Without sponsors, that would be nearly impossible for the average Joe.

But, when your last name is Vandam, that probably won't be a big issue.  We all know there is more than enough money there for fishing.

SethV

I sure hope it works out for Ryan to fish the Elites!  For me, time would be the toughest thing to manage - you would need 11 weeks out of the office to fish the series.

I would just like to find the time to fish the Strens (or whatever they will be called now).

djkimmel

Everstart Series is back!

Waiting on news from Ryan. No news to share until anything is decided and official.

Haven't talked to Jonathon yet, but he seems excited. I'm sure he still has a lot to do to ensure he can fish. He doesn't get any free rides. Has to earn his way like anyone else.

SethV

Quote from: djkimmel on December 08, 2010, 07:59:50 PM
Everstart Series is back!

Any the schedule is fantastic!  I love all 4 places!!  Good mix of green and brown fish, inland, rivers and big lakes.  And each stop will be a slugfest with huge weight.

I hear the no entry fee championship is also back!

Sounds so much more fun that the constant beating we take on Erie for the BFL's...just need to find the time.

djkimmel

For anyone who hasn't seen yet, here's the nationwide schedule story including news about increased paybacks, 5 divisions now and the no entry fee nationally televised national championship for the top 200 boaters and 200 co-anglers.