Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 05:21:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

USMC Sgt Major Fishing Outing - Lake St. Clair - Friday July 9th

Started by stratos19ss, July 10, 2010, 11:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stratos19ss

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to post this for the guys who participated and anybody else who wants to know.

Yesterday myself and a group of others took 10 United States Marines out on Lake St. Clair for a mini tournament.  These high ranking warriors flew in from all over the country to participate in this event.

I want to thank the sponsors who made this event a HUGE success.

Fish T4- fisht4.com donated a membership to each of the participating Soldiers - now they can enjoy discounts no matter where it is in the world they may be stationed.

Wonderland Marine West - Thanks for the doughnuts!

Kd Outdoors
Lunch Money Lures
Bass Pro Shops
KMR Lure

Ken, Terry, Todd, and Joe made sure these guys were stocked up with the hottest tubes, worms and Jig heads all packed in some really nice Plano boxes - THANKS A MILLION!  

Selfridge Bait & Tackle - Brian donated a smokin' hot camo rod for the winner of Big Bass - You rock Brian!

Downriver Lawn & Landscape - Ron Salisbury brought the much needed coffee in the morning.  Thanks for waking us up Ronnie!

Toyota of Waterford - Our friends in Waterford upped the stakes when they offered up a 8' party sub for the event.  THANK YOU!

AND........the results

Team Selfridge Bait & Tackle
Captain – Brian Ward
-Paul Anderson   Big Bass 4.65 lbs - Total Weight 22.13 lbs

Team Wonderland Marine West
Captain – Scott Michael
-Jim Lanham
-Rick Oddi   Big Bass 5.00 lbs - Total Weight 20.55 lbs

Team Bass Pro Shops
Captain – Todd Glover
-Tim Kevany
-Ruben Rojos   Big Bass 4.68 lbs - Total Wieght 18.62 lbs

Team Leverage Landing Nets
Captain – Todd Kohler
-Colbert Flagg   Big Bass - Did Not Weigh - Total Weight 17.29 lbs

Team Downriver Lawn & Landscape
Captain – Ron Salisbury
-Tim Lamar
-James Martin   Big Bass 3.34 lbs - Total Weight 13.20 lbs

Team KD Outdoors
Captain – Ken Neeley
-Randy Neeley   Big Bass 3.80 lbs - Total Weight 13.13 lbs

Team Lunch Money Lures
Captain – Terry Melvin
-Don Wood   Did Not Weigh (they CLAIM 14 lbs)

MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!!!!!!!

Mike S.

That was cool.  I saw all of you guys when we showed up to launch.  Hopefully, you did better than we did.  It got rough quick, didn't it?

Firefighter Jeff

Cudos to all who  set up and helped out for a great cause  !!!!!!!

stratos19ss

it got a little bumpy out there.  It seemed like big boat after big boat just kept cruising through. 

Mike S.

I was sitting on the mile roads when the wind really kicked up.  I felt like I was on Lake Michigan for a minute.  Hey, were you the guy who was trying to do something with the coffee maker in the bathroom?

stratos19ss

Quote from: mikeszr800 on July 11, 2010, 08:58:30 PM
I was sitting on the mile roads when the wind really kicked up.  I felt like I was on Lake Michigan for a minute.  Hey, were you the guy who was trying to do something with the coffee maker in the bathroom?

No, that wasn't me, that was Ron Salisbury. 

Mike S.

stratos19ss

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.