Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 10:01:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Nemesis Swim Jig Revision

Started by Bender, February 17, 2010, 12:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bender

Since I moved up to the North Country I am still working on Nemesis products. My recent project has been revising the swim jig. I'm still working on the skirt combo so they are not complete yet, but you can check out detailed pictures of a bluegill prototype here.

These are made with round Living Rubber and two color heads with hand painted eyes. Here are some small pics.

Please let me know what you think, I'm looking for input on these. Also if you get a chance to check out the detailed pics please do so. I'm using some new software and updating the website. The image viewer is really great technology, you can view full screen, pan, and zoom.

- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

1javelin

Are you able to use that round rubber on your upskirt jigs as well?

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

fiker

Nice. 

Sent you an email re: my "secret" color selection.

Wondering about the weed guard and its affect on hook sets. 

Cut it shorter?

Use a few less strands?

Or is it ok the way it is?

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Bender

The problem with Living Rubber is that it only comes in a very few colors. I don't think it would be a problem to make a few customs with round rubber, but please email brian@nemesisbaits.com or chris@nemesisbaits.com with what you are looking for.

Rick, That is something I am working on. I put 10 strand weedguards in these, half of a standard one. If that ends up the way to go then I will have to modify some things on the mold to have a smaller hole in the heads.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Skip Johnson

Quote from: fiker on February 17, 2010, 08:09:22 AM
Wondering about the weed guard and its affect on hook sets. 

Cut it shorter?

Use a few less strands?

Or is it ok the way it is?

I allways cut mine to where it just lays over the tip of the hook and I will cut a few strands of guard out as well, you should have to customize your weed guard on any jig.

Looks good Chris I cant wait till soft water to be chuken them things  :)
Go Big or Go Home!

mikesmiph

I will definatly be getting a good supply of these when they are available.

markgoetsch

They look pretty good and make sure that you have a premium hook that is heavy gauge because alot of people throw them on braid and fish them around some heavy cover.  Also leave the weed guards the way they are and tell people to cut them to there specifications because people think differently and this way you leave it up to them.