Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 03:33:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Mike 1. Seagull 0.

Started by Waterfoul, June 17, 2012, 07:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterfoul

After 35 years of chasing them in the boat and never even getting close, I hit one with my truck this morning!  Dang thing was picking at some center-of-the-road roadkill and took off straight down the road instead of up or to the side.  Got it with the left headlight.  Knocked it out of whack a bit... have to wait till dark to find out how bad.  But, one less seagull doesn't hurt my feelings any.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

Dead dumpster duck!!!!  At a boy, Mike!

Skulley

Hooking one in the beak while fishing can always be an adventure. Did that fishing a tournament on Belleville Lake once.

BD.                               ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

YpsiBass

Quote from: UAWBigDog on June 18, 2012, 01:31:32 PM
Hooking one in the beak while fishing can always be an adventure. Did that fishing a tournament on Belleville Lake once.

I kind of want to know how that adventure ended...

djkimmel

Probably precariously. That's how some of mine have ended.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

I reeled the gull in close enough for my partner to grab the gull with his hands wrapped in a towel. He grabbed the bird by wrapping the towel around its body. It was subdued to the point it could not hurt either one of us. While he held it, I removed the crankbait from its beak with a pair of needle nose pliers. He then released the bird and it flew away.

BD.                       ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Waterfoul

Quote from: UAWBigDog on June 18, 2012, 08:09:23 PM
I reeled the gull in close enough for my partner to grab the gull with his hands wrapped in a towel. He grabbed the bird by wrapping the towel around its body. It was subdued to the point it could not hurt either one of us. While he held it, I removed the crankbait from its beak with a pair of needle nose pliers. He then released the bird and it flew away.

BD.                       ;D

I think I might have released it differently.   ::)
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Skulley

All I know is that I was casting a crankbait and the next thing I know is that full grabbed my crankbait right out of the air.  I wanted my crank back. It was a Bomber 6A in the Bengal Fire G-Fleck. The Belleville Smallies have always liked that bait but I guess the gulls did too.

BD.                   ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

I think gulls are federally protected?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Quote from: djkimmel on June 19, 2012, 09:14:57 PM
I think gulls are federally protected?

Yes they are.  But what the Feds don't know....

Like I said... been aiming for them on the water for 35 years... it took a Tahoe and some roadkill to finally get my first one!  And I didn't even aim for it!  Suicide?

TheFishinPollock

Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

djkimmel

I try to miss all birds when driving anything. I recall a pheasant leaving quite a dent in a friend's vintage baby Chevy once. He was laughing right up until he saw the dent...

chrisvmo

Took my first gull on lake mac last year doing 60 in the ranger. Kinda felt bad but my little nephew thought it was funny as hell!

Skulley

I try not to harm gulls. They have showed me quite a few places to fish over the years. Well over the last few weeks they have generously told me where in an area I should be fishing.....and it's paid off.

BD.                      ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Big dreams

I landed my first one last night.  Tom and I were on our way to Wixom Lake for the tuesday tournaments and the thing was in the middle of the road.  Not sure what he was doing but he looked like a deer in headlights. 

djkimmel

I hope there isn't an epidemic of suicidal gulls going on or something?

Waterfoul

Quote from: djkimmel on June 20, 2012, 01:41:18 AM
I try to miss all birds when driving anything. I recall a pheasant leaving quite a dent in a friend's vintage baby Chevy once. He was laughing right up until he saw the dent...

I had a pheasant crack the heck out of the windshield on my 94 Ram going down the freeway near Hudsonville about 10 years ago... scared the heck out of me!

djkimmel

Try hitting a turkey sometime!

Skulley

It's never good when you hit a critter with your vehicle. Sometimes the cleanup is messy. Worst critter to hit is the skunk.

BD.                        ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

gmetime24

I think that gull we hit on tuesday heading to wixom lake already got hit by a car. It was just sitting in the middle of the road not trying to get out of the way. I feel we did it a favor by putting it out of its misery