Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 03:48:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Xtreme Tubes

Started by Revtro, June 21, 2006, 05:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

Look, I don't get a dime or any perks for saying this, but I'm a believer.  If you haven't used the Xtreme Bass Tackle tubes in the St. Clair Goby color, go get some.  I fished a tourney last night and these tubes got me a limit in 50 minutes.  Then we switched to 5 inch model and proceded to upgrade our catch every other cast.  Every year at this time, these tubes produce big numbers for me.  They have become my 'go-to' baits.  I don't know if it's the colors or what, but man, do they ever work.  See the Xtreme Bass Tackle link to the right?  Click it. 

I just couldn't not talk about these tubes which are the best I have ever used.  Wayne, I need to get you to sponsor our team dude!  Seriously.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

dartag

i have a bunch of those tubes.  i will be fishing the BFL saturday so if you send me the GPS coordinates i will see if mine work the same way..   

i like the Canadian Mist.  on my inland lake the St-Clair Craw works for smallies all summer..

ss

blakstr1

canadian mist and melon tinsel are as good as they come, i've got another color i like that has a really good copper/orange flake as well...great products.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

Sounds Xtreme!!! I'll have to let Wayne know you guys like 'em. It will make him happy. But no one mentioned my favoritist color of all - green-pumpkin chartreuse/purple flake - a bass catching color if there ever was one...!!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

rbaddis

I'm a west sider and have never fished St. Clair, but I would like to know how do you guys rig your tubes?   jighead?  t - rigged?  Thanks a bunch

CuradoKev

Rbaddis - Rigging tubes for LSC...

I'm also a west sider? 8) I would imagine 95% of the anglers in LSC rig their tubes with a jighead vs. T-rig. Really no reason to T-rig a tube unless you "texpose" it at the end of a carolina rig IMHO.

I always fish my tubes on LSC/Erie on jigheads from terrystackle.com and usually I start heavier than normal wieghts. So I"ll run 1/4 to 10 ft, 3/8 to 20 ft, 1/2 to 30 ft adn 3/4 to 40 ft. But as we all know that depends on current and winds.

However, if you fish the natural lakes here on the west side (mega weeds? ;D) then T-rig can be the way to go. Also , the way to go when skipping docks. I use a Eagle HP Hook (Shaw Grigsby High Performance) 4/0 for 4 inch tubes with a 1/16 oz brass wieght for skipping docks.

Shoot me an email if u have questions, Ckev
SOB Lures
www.soblures.com

Terry's Tackle
www.terrystackle.com

McCarter

I never fish a tube texas rigged.  Im telling ya, i dont care how heavy the weeds are, as long as you use enough weight to get your tube through the weeds and to the bottom you will be fine.  If you feel like your hung up, just keep steady pressure on the line, dont try to pull it through.  just keep pressure on the line, the tube will work its way through slowly and pop out of the weeds on its own.  I will fish side by side with someone who is texas rigging and put more fish in the boat everytime. 

It helps to use a low stretch line as well.  I like Flouro.

PB himself :-\'

fishon1219

Quote from: PoorBoy on June 22, 2006, 09:28:54 AM
I never fish a tube texas rigged.? Im telling ya, i dont care how heavy the weeds are, as long as you use enough weight to get your tube through the weeds and to the bottom you will be fine.? If you feel like your hung up, just keep steady pressure on the line, dont try to pull it through.? just keep pressure on the line, the tube will work its way through slowly and pop out of the weeds on its own.? I will fish side by side with someone who is texas rigging and put more fish in the boat everytime.?

It helps to use a low stretch line as well.? I like Flouro.

It sounds like we have a challenge. When are we going and since I will win you can give me an all expenses paid trip to Conference room "H" and I will be real thirsty.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

McCarter

its on sucka!  name the time and place.  I-Match fishing at its best.  The Reford Wreck vs the Wixom Kid.  Your going down like Chinatown. 

dartag

can i come watch and take notes...

Cheetam

I never fish a tube texas rigged....

I've seen you do it...never say never...
Jeff

Revtro

I know what you mean PB about hookup percentage.  I fish them on a Jighead most of the time and a friend of mine always has his rigged Texas style.  There is a dramatic difference in hookup percentage.  But on some lakes, I find myself getting tired of cleaning weeds off the jighead, so in my laziness, I often opt for the Texas rig. 

PS.  The St. Clair Goby got me in the money Tuesday night.  There's just something special about that color in clear, open water.  I will say that the Canadian Mist has gotten me the biggest fish though.  I seem to get less bites on it, but 5 but they're usually better ones.  And don't even get me started about the Canadian Mist twintail.  In fact, my best smallie of the year last year which went around 6lbs came on a the Canadian Mist tube.  The second best came on a Dark Melon when fishing around weeds.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

McCarter

Quote from: jcheetam on June 22, 2006, 11:21:07 AM
I never fish a tube texas rigged....

I've seen you do it...never say never...

Oh really???  Prove it!!!

:D

Andy

I do have to say that the SC Goby  -- ROCKS --

That reminds me I need to get more.

fiker

I just got back from Clair this afternoon.  Best day I've ever had down there. 
I not only caught my first 4# smallie ever, I also caught my second one.  I also caught a 3.5 #. 
The "small one", came on a Xtreme St. Clair Goby.  The first 4# er came on a green pumpkin, w/ gold & purple.  (This has also been my best inland color this year.) I also picked up a 5# sheeps head on one.   

My second 4#er came n a white bomber deep diver (as recommeded by my friend DK).

I've always heard of others that hit the schools, and what it's like.   Today we did.  My buddies also caught big fish.  Bigges one was 4.5#. 

Usually I fish my tubes w/ a jig head, and exposed hook.  I too like the hook up percentage.   I let conditions dictate what weight to use.  Because to me, if you can't feel the bottom w/ a tube, ya ain't fishin it right.

As for colors, I'm finding that the Canadia mist is usually the best color on Clair, but lately that great lakes goby is doing well also.
On inland lakes I sometimes use the emerald shiner too. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

joshimoto son

BE CAREFUL RICKER!!!!!

You keep fishing that lake, you're going to find yourself sleeping outside on your new 21 foot boat, with the jitters just like a junky waiting to get back out there to catch some more.

Tread lightly my friend... tread lightly...

joshimoto son ;D

fiker

When I decide to buy a 21 footer, there'll be an intervention to cure my addiction. 
My wife will point out how we really can't afford it.  And she'll be right.

As for Clair.... I'm absolutely in love.  That lake just calls me back.  And there's just so much of her.  You never know what you're going to catch on it.  The other day I caught a 5# Sheeps Head.  Never caught one before.  It was actually colored like a smallie, and I caught it on a tube.
If gas was still 35 cents a gallon, I'd be there several times a week.

Now as for inland lakes......
If spending most free thought moments thinking about fishing, how to upgrade the boat, water I've eliminated from next week's lake, casting to imaginary targets, which baits to throw next, are we in a summer pattern or still post spawn,.....
Then I guess I'm already a bass junkie!
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390