Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 11:25:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Gas prices

Started by stackenem, March 12, 2008, 06:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedude

diesel was 4.19 on my way to work today.. so you all can just quit whining about 3.40.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Jighead

Well I don't know anything about the oil business, that's for sure.  But it just doesn't make any sense to me when oil companies are reporting record BILLIONS (with a 'B') of PROFIT (not earnings!) each quarter, and they have to stick it to us in the rear end when oil prices go up.  It would probably make us all puke our guts if we saw the salaries and bonuses the oil executives are pulling down.

But what burns my butt the most about this is how unwilling our government is to step in and do something about it, including that empty bubble headed moron in the Whitehouse. Oh, wow...he went to OPEC and begged them to increase production...wink, wink, nudge, nudge.  RIGHT!  You can't convince me that his unwillingness to do anything real and concrete isn't because HE IS ALSO PROFITING HAND OVER FIST ALONG WITH THE FREAKIN OIL COMPANIES!!  We were warned 8 years ago when that clown took office that he would bankrupt this country.  HA HA...guess what?  He's danged close to doing it.  Foreclosures? Up.  Unemployment?  Up. Property values? Down.  Dollar? Weakest it's ever been. Oh yeah...gas prices?  The sky's the limit apparently.

Sorry if I'm offending any Bush supporters.  Yeah, I know he's a good ol' boy from Texas and likes to bass fish.  But dangit, he's not doing his job now and it's gonna get worse and worse before someone else steps in and stops the bleeding.  Oh yeah, gee, thanks for the $600 check George.  At $4 a gallon that'll fill the boat three times.  Great.
www.YUM3x.com
www.BooyahBaits.com
www.XCaliburTackle.com
www.BomberLures.com
www.SilverThread.com

Skulley

We can whine about gas prices all day and all night long.  So I decided to stop whining and take on a new motto besides the one at the bottom of my posts.  The motto is:

Catchin' Bass and Burnin' Gas.....That's how I roll!!!

But seriously folks, all high gas prices are going to make me do is fish less tournaments and more for fun with my kids.  I won't be fishing any of those high priced expensive tournaments.  Won't be worth it.  I will stick to my club tournaments and NBAA Oakland One on One for sure.  Maybe some NBAA weeknight tournaments depending on where the lakes are.  I won't be going to any one division week in and week out. 

I got two kids I am going to have to put through college.  My kids think I just go out to the money tree in the backyard and pull off $20 bills.   ::)  This year I am planting $50's and $100's.   ::)  It's the only way I can keep up with inflation. 

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

BigSmallie

I see no end in sight............so I have chosen to re-power this year with a 4-stroke.

BS  ;)
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

dmills4124

UAWBigdog can I buy a couple of seedlings or sprouts from you off the $20.00 and $100.00 trees. I'll try to keep the $20.00 tree hidden from the wife so I can buy fishing stuff and I'll let her have the $100.00 for every thing else. Do you have any special growing instructions or just a healthy dose of miracle grow on a regular basis? Will a growlight help or will it turn the money prematurely brown? Can I water them to much?
Looking forward to getting my order to you. By the way, do you take pay-pal or will you differ payment till the first crop comes in?
yours truly
don m

bassmandan

that quote is on a BPS shirt...no joke  :P
"dont stop keep fishing"