Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:16:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Frogs only? bob o's Lake Ovid event

Started by bob o, April 03, 2011, 05:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

I recommend only sending phone numbers through PM directly to the member rather than posting in the open on the forum where anyone in the world can read it. Just a suggestion for you safety and security.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bosshawg

not to sure if we're in for a sunday thing. our wives w/us camping, & w/us gone on sat. fishin' probably not a good thing to leave'em on sunday, but can't count anything out yet.   ;D

what's scoop on ovid?  no-wake, electric only, speed limit?  never been on before.

and when is sign-up? i see alot of comments.

as for entry fee, i say $10/per head, $5/big bass pot. winner take-all, most weight.  just my thought.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

I think the plan is to sign up at the ramp at the lake. It is a gas motor, no wake lake. Only fishing goes on there pretty much in the summer. 400 acres. Mostly shallow and weedy. 30 year old lowland reservoir. Flooded the Little Maple River and some ditches. A few old farm foundations and ponds.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

Ol Stacken em and I are conjuring up our stradgedy ! This is going to be fun !!

Did we figure on the braggin rights $$$ ? What if we went $15 a head and $10 a boat for big bass ?  (Works out to $20 a person for those allergic to algebra).

So 10 boats would set up $150 first, $100 second, $50 third, and $100 for big bass ? Too much ? Whatev Bob O says is good for me.....
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

djkimmel

I thought we already had the entry fee figured out pages ago?

bbtt123

If anyone has an open backseat I'd love to play anchor for the day :D I'll even spring for gas money!!!! lmao

bosshawg

Quote from: Mojo on June 28, 2011, 11:55:24 PM
Ol Stacken em and I are conjuring up our stradgedy ! This is going to be fun !!

Did we figure on the braggin rights $$$ ? What if we went $15 a head and $10 a boat for big bass ?  (Works out to $20 a person for those allergic to algebra).

So 10 boats would set up $150 first, $100 second, $50 third, and $100 for big bass ? Too much ? Whatev Bob O says is good for me.....

just checkin' in latest posts.  the above $20/person is a reasonable & friendly fee for all..

going to make a drive soon to visit ovid.

Michigan Bass Busters

Mojo

$20 is almost a normal fee except its 100% payback instead of  62% payback like NBAhey  :o :o. Anyway, the payout n fees arent important. IF we only do $10 or $20 a head Im sure everyone will still have a great time. I am going to bring some tackle packs and lures for prizes too ,,,,,,,

Maybe thats our entry fee ?? Everyone bring $10 PLUS  Everyone bring $10 worth of some extra lures from home ... something cool........... We split the pot between 1) The heaviest 5 bass and 2) Big Bass. Next - the winner gets first pick at the table.... all the way down the line ???  ;D   That way everyone gets a prize for coming out ??  That would be fun. Anyone second ?

Durand Dan

I was out on Ovid this morning. There is at least one Bass in the lake!! Couldn't get a Frog bite though :(

bosshawg

whatever the fee is or bob sets is cool.  hope to have a good group & fun.  i know/met a couple of you before and maybe a everyone bring something cook-out afterwards. we're camping there for weekend as bob-o is also i beleive.

froggin' (slop fishin') is #2 on my hit list other than a topwater bite. its a blast! the "little red skeeter, myself &  my co-leo lookin' forward to it.

dave

Michigan Bass Busters

Durand Dan

Quote from: bbtt123 on June 29, 2011, 10:28:34 PM
If anyone has an open backseat I'd love to play anchor for the day :D I'll even spring for gas money!!!! lmao
I have a vacancy. PM me!

Mojo

Quote from: Durand Dan on July 03, 2011, 11:33:31 AM
I was out on Ovid this morning. There is at least one Bass in the lake!! Couldn't get a Frog bite though :(

it was blue bird - 90 degrees, no wind wasnt it . ??  Went out with Stackemum on Seven Ponds same day you went to Ovid, and it was ZERO frog bite. This is usually a solid frog lake... I guess I mention this so you didnt feel bad.  Even the "magic bait" you showed me was zilch bro.

bob o

i caught a few on a frog last friday on middle straights lake, way back through the channel away from all the boat traffic.
the tackle pack is a neat idea but in reality bring a $20 and call it covered.
and it sounds like my wife and kid will be comming along too for the camping anyway don't know how long they will be frog fishing  ;D

Durand Dan

Was the legallity of rubber Mice/Rats ever established or denied?  ???

bob o

Quote from: Durand Dan on July 15, 2011, 09:01:29 AM
Was the legallity of rubber Mice/Rats ever established or denied?  ???

frogs are not rodents, you do have frogs to fish with right?

cameraguy

If there is an open spot, I would be a back seater if no work comes up for that day.

djkimmel

bosshawg

hoping to get a sneek preview next tuesday.  ;D

Michigan Bass Busters

bob o

bob o

i'll be on vacation all next week so i won't be on line so much then, but we should find out a head/boat count really soon.

boaters:

bob o with mojo??? never got a ya or nay