Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 01:18:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Convenient Hotels

Started by PaintballLane, June 04, 2012, 08:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaintballLane

I'm coming in next week (June 12) and staying for 5 days. I'm also bringing my 12 year old son.

Anyone have any recommendations on hotels convenient to the lake?

I'm not made of money. But I'm not on such a tight budget that I need to stay in a flea bag hotel while worrying all night about my boat being ransacked.

I'm looking for places that I can recharge my batteries at night - both mine and my boats. Something that isn't shady or gang riddled. And something reasonably clean.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

djkimmel

THE CONCORDE INN
44315 GRATIOT AVE
CLINTON TOWNSHIP MI 48036-1355
586-493-7300

Recently stayed here again. They have outside plugs with dedicated boat trailer parking lanes. Rooms are nice. Not sure about the latest prices (I got someone else to buy). It would be my first recommendation for a hotel/motel since I was just there.

You might want to check with our website advertiser Lake St. Clair Guide Magazine since they also have a number of rental properties around the lake. Depending on your budget, this might be more secure staying at a house but is probably more affordable for a several adults sharing a place for a week: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=12116.0

The Victory Inn is cheaper. It's okay for people on a budget. It doesn't appear to be the best or most convenient but it has worked for some of the groups I've fished with a number of times and we haven't had any problems yet with missing stuff.

There are some places just off I-94 at Little Mac that I have stayed at several times for decent prices with outside plugs. I think one is the Microtel?

Theft at any of the hotels is possible but thankfully rarely happens. You hear a few stories and rumors but I've been around the lucky anglers I guess when I have stayed at them. I used to camp all the time.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

The Holiday inn express by walmart on M53 (Hall Road) is nice and in a good area...It is a little bit more money but you get a nice breakfast, pool and a few other niceties...I am not sure about boat plug ins but I know a few guys that have fished out of that hotel and haven't had any issues...It is only about 2 miles from the Selfridge launch on Anchor bay and just down the road from the Metro, Harly Ensign, and Crocker launches...

There are some decent hotels in Roseville that are set up for boaters also...I think one is a Red Rood inn and I can't remember the name of the other...

Good luck fishing...This area's economy is glad to have you come up...I have been seeing alot of out of state boats out on the water...That is good news for this area....

jacksonmj

I would second the Holiday Inn Express on M53, nice location and nice area! I stay there every year during the season of pride for the Navy and wouldn't go any where else. Good luck out there and let us know how you do! Mike

djkimmel

I'm guessing you both mean M-59 (Hall Rd)?

There are a ton of out-of-state boaters this spring. Tournaments coming in. More have found out about the catch-and-release season and the fishing is pretty darn good. I've received calls or email in the past week alone from North Carolina, Georgia, Colorado and Kentucky about the big lake.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

cameraguy

Just to clarify something, the Holiday Inn Express near M59 (Hall Road) and M53 is very nice. However, it is almost 10 miles (9.7mi according to Google Maps) from the Selfridge ramp. Still not too bad and a direct shot down M59. Plus, I don't know if they would have that many rooms with access to power for chargers. I would check into Dan's recommendation since he just stayed there and found it to be a good choice.

PaintballLane

Thanks guys.

I ended up booking at the Microtel on 13 Mile. They were the only one that would confirm space for plugging in.

I simply reserved the room. If this is a bad hotel or in a bad area, would someone let me know. I can change.

I appreciate the help.

Lane

cameraguy

You picked a decent area. There are a lot of retail shops and restaurants nearby including a Meijer and a Cracker Barrel right down the street.

djkimmel

That was the other one I stayed at last year or the year before. A bunch of boats were plugged in out back. There were some rumors from the past but we all seemed to be okay. No problems. You might have to pick and choose your parking spot carefully or have a 100 ft cord handy depending upon how busy they are.

The other one I mentioned from a couple weeks ago has a row of dedicated boat trailer parking spots with several wall outlets nearby.

reo

I stayed at the Microtel last year and will be this Friday and Saturday. I found it to be nice and clean with ample outlets to plut the boat in. Hope this helps.