Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 01:08:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Golden Rule Bump Boards

Started by Jay-MadWags, April 18, 2014, 04:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay-MadWags

Does anyone know where I can pick up a Golden Rule Bum Board like the one that is used in the MadWags St. Clair opener every year?  I will probably be fishing that tournament for the rest of my life for as long as I live in the state of Michigan.  For those of you who don't know me, I am Dave "MadWags" Wagensomer's nephew.  I never really thought of him as my uncle though.  He was my best friend and tournament partner.  He has taught me a lot about fishing and life in general.  He has been gone for three years now and not a day goes by that I don't think about him.  So the MadWags Open (especially on St. Clair) means a lot to me.  I need to purchase one of the bump boards with the measurement and weight ratios.  Any help would be appreciated. 
Thanks,
Jay
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

Mike S.

I believe I ordered mine from Bass Pro Shops.

Coop

Get on BPS or Amazon. I picked one up on Amazon for merely nothing.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

YpsiBass

All the boards on amazon and BPS have inch or quarter inch measurements, but none have the approximate weight.   I remember the boards Dan had us use at the last couple of MadWags opens and the boards he has have weight estimations on them. I can't find a board with that ANYWHERE.

Waterfoul

I have been unable to find one that has the weights on it either.  Searched all over Amazon the other night.  Finding the simple rulers is easy, but finding one with the fish weights on it seems to be getting very hard.

Perhaps someone could take the time to post the weights per 1/8th inch like the bump board says?  Then we could all print it off and have it handy.  A lot of work I know... but someone needs to do it!!   ;D ;D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Dave B

I am ordering one from gatorgrip.com, hopefully it is the right one??

t-bone

Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

mikesmiph

Thanks Terry, I was just going to post that. LOL

Jay-MadWags

Jason Madigan

fiker

When I got mine a couple of years ago the only place to acquire it was right from Gator Grip.  There are no stores that carry it to my knowledge.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

motocross269

Jay........I may have 2...I will check when I get home if I do you can have one....

I also have a rod that I got from your uncle if you would like to have it......

Mike S.

I'm going as a non boater, but will bring my board with me. If my boater has one, I will let someone borrow mine.

Jay-MadWags

Quote from: motocross269 on April 23, 2014, 05:04:45 PM
Jay........I may have 2...I will check when I get home if I do you can have one....

A bump board would be great if u have an extra.  Thank you for offering me one of Dave's rods.  I'm sure if he gave it to you then he ment for you to have it.  Let me know about that bump board soon so if I do have to order one it will get here on time.
Jason Madigan

Mojo

Quote from: Jay-MadWags on April 24, 2014, 07:10:09 AM

A bump board would be great if u have an extra.  Thank you for offering me one of Dave's rods.  I'm sure if he gave it to you then he ment for you to have it.  Let me know about that bump board soon so if I do have to order one it will get here on time.

Sigh........... Dave... Good man ... Darn Good Man ......
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

motocross269

A bump board would be great if u have an extra.  Thank you for offering me one of Dave's rods.  I'm sure if he gave it to you then he ment for you to have it.  Let me know about that bump board soon so if I do have to order one it will get here on time.

Jay, I have an extra board...you can have it.......I can't fish on Saturday because I have to work but my job is only about 15mins from the launch so I can run it over there in the morning before you guys launch...If memory serves me right don't you live on the west side??(No sense of paying shipping)

Jay-MadWags

Quote from: motocross269 on April 24, 2014, 10:41:01 AM

A bump board would be great if u have an extra.  Thank you for offering me one of Dave's rods.  I'm sure if he gave it to you then he ment for you to have it.  Let me know about that bump board soon so if I do have to order one it will get here on time.

Jay, I have an extra board...you can have it.......I can't fish on Saturday because I have to work but my job is only about 15mins from the launch so I can run it over there in the morning before you guys launch...If memory serves me right don't you live on the west side??(No sense of paying shipping)

No I live Downriver.  I might be headed out to Clair this Saturday.  Are you headed out to Clair this weekend?  Let me know.
Jason Madigan

djkimmel

Quote from: Dave B on April 22, 2014, 07:01:51 PM
I am ordering one from gatorgrip.com, hopefully it is the right one??

It's the Gator Grip GG-50 Golden Rule Weighmaster Largemouth Bass ruler. There's another model listed GG-51 that is a couple dollars cheaper. I don't know what the difference is though. I've always got the GG-50. I think I've loaned all mine out and I don't think I have any of them anymore.

There's only one on ebay at the moment and it is priced higher than getting it direct from Gator Grip. I can't find an obvious, good replacement but if we run short we can do a conversion from the next lowest measurement increment the tail goes over to the closest weight on a Weighmaster board.

Since I don't know what happened to mine if someone can take a picture of one on their phone and email it to me I can create a conversion table to send to everyone. Thanks!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

I'll stop by Saturday morning around 7:00 AM with the board.....

Jay-MadWags

Quote from: motocross269 on May 07, 2014, 06:44:00 AM
I'll stop by Saturday morning around 7:00 AM with the board.....

Thank you, I can't wait to go out fishing for a full day.  I will be there around 7am.  I have a white skeeter with dual blue power poles and a blue trailer.
Jason Madigan

Hollada

Is it safe to show up as a non-boater without a bump board? 
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex