Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 10:28:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

First Tourney of the Year -Maxinkuckee-

Started by skeeterman190, April 05, 2008, 09:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeeterman190

Well its all said and done the first ones in the bag for the year. Wow what a day im so beat that my eyeballs hurt right now from thinking so hard. The day dawned this morning cold,crisp,and sunny. What a beautiful day it was to be on the water. Started the meeting and drew numbers.Alright its gonna be a great day boat 3. From my prefish I was sitting on some nice largemouth in the deeper canals on the south end. Roar down there and Im the second guy there. So I idle past the guys and head toward my sweet spot. Water temp was 43 and I felt the would be hanging off the break near my tree in the reminents of old weeds. Well needless to said for some unknown reason I work all through these canals for nearly 4 hours with one 12 incher to show im baffled??
Its time for a change and its gotta happen now. Im always reluctant to fish for smallmouth out there becasue I have a hard time coming up with quality. But at this point my brains fried and I need a confidence boost. So I run to an area I located in prefish that was holding a good school of smallies. Third cast boom 15incher on a Lucky Craft 78 pointer. Alright know I got the wheels rollin again. Poke around up a little shallower and nothing. Move back out over the break and locate the small area that I knew they were holding on. Back to back cast yeild 2 more keepers on a silver buddy. Work the area for about 30 minutes and fill out the limit. Alright time for a pig, I knew that there wasnt going to be a pig in this school so I poke around and come up empty. Time to make a move or its check mate. Decide that i need that flippin stick in my hand one more time today too feel that I did all I could to win. Run back down the lake and start my flippin show again. NOTHING not even a nibble. Dang its over now what do I Do got 2 hours left and I need a good fish to feel Ive got a shot. Decided that Ill run back to them smallies one more time and poke and hope. Well 2 cast later ive got 2 cull fish to bump me up a little. One of them there black missles too wow I finally got a jump or 2 out of one. Hit about 3 more keepers and a few shorts and the whistles about ready too blow time up over pow! Get in for the weigh in and see that it was a tough day for lots of guys on the largemouth. Weigh in and have 8.9 on 5 now thats some tiny ones. But it was good for 4th place and a check to pay for the day so Im happy with that. really not happy Id say pleased that i turned something out of nothing today thats fishing for ya. Until next time good fishin guys-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com