Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 09:35:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Home Lake ?

Started by LAPORTE, May 25, 2010, 01:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redbone

Murray lake is my preseason lake. Camp lake is the lake I test out new techniques. Both Kent county lakes.

McCarter

Kent lake is my home lake.  It is literally 8 minutes from my house and it is where i think i actually became a bass fisherman.  That lake will make you work at times.  And you really have to learn to "fish" out there.  not a lake that you can just cruise around the shorelines chuckin spinnerbaits or "dare devales".  I have fished the lake hard for the past 8 years and it still beats me more than i beat it.  Love that lake like a brother.

McCarter himself :-\'

markgoetsch

For me it was Lake Beulah in S.E. Wisconsin great clear/deep body of water that you could fish just about any way you wanted to from 2' deep in pads and weeds to 30' weedlines.  But now I'm happy to say lower Detroit River/ Lake Erie which I only live about 1 mile from the launch!

TheFishinPollock

Birch lake by Elk Rapids.23 years here. Don't bother with fishing it though . It is just horrableeeeee ;D ;D
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

bassmandan

stoney creek, i still need to learn more about it but its all coming together :)
"dont stop keep fishing"

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: TheFishing Pollock on May 26, 2010, 07:19:07 PM
Birch lake by Elk Rapids.23 years here. Don't bother with fishing it though . It is just horrableeeeee ;D ;D

Hmmmm  seems like I may have fished that lake for a half day a couple summers ago.  That day it was Horrableeeeeee    lol

Frank

My home lake would have to be pontiac lake.  fish arent that big out there, but im good at finden them.  that, and when im bored i can go hang out with John Selling and BS for an hour or so.  If i want real close hogs on a public lake i go to Oakland.  Private lakes...  I wont mention the name of the one i grew up fishing, but it was probably the best lake in the state.  Sadly, a couple of years ago it had a fish kill, only pike and bullheads left.

TheFishinPollock

Hmmmm  seems like I may have fished that lake for a half day a couple summers ago.  That day it was Horrableeeeeee    lol
[/quote]

seee  everyone agrees  :D
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

bosshawg

i'd have to say woodland lk. out in brighton. some quality size, but always quanity. my favorite to go to wet a line.

i'm 20 min. from belleville lk. and getting to learn that lake in the past year or two.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Got Fish??

My home lake would be Lake Erie. Oh and of course the pond behind the maintenance barn where I work and fish everyday.

matt

Belleville/Ford lake.  They are both pretty much right next to each other.

I fish both lakes through out the year.

Mike S.

Quote from: chrisvmo on May 25, 2010, 09:59:08 PM
Mona Lake. Get some!
Mona is a blast to fish.  I have a ball every time I go there.  Never know what you'll catch.  Maybe they will get the ramp done on Mona so people can actually launch their boats without having to join the yacht club. My home lake is Muskegon, though. 5 minute ride to Fisherman's Landing, can't beat it.

redwing

Lake Macatawa, Holland, Mi.  It's a tough lake to fish, you can actually fish 1/2 the lake and not get bit.

djkimmel

That is a tough lake. Only fished it about 3 times and haven't caught many bass (summer). Thanks for joining up.
Dan

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Dinkfinder

dominater

If this topic could be expanded to home body of water then the Grand River  :)

TritonTR20

Home lake is the St. Joe River!

TCook

Benton harbor stretch of the St Joe river
FISH HARD!!!

djkimmel

Finally fished over there this spring. Very rainy, windy cold day. Huge waves coming into the river. Muddy. We still caught a few keepers. Probably come back next spring.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.