Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 10:07:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Big Ten College Bass Championship - Oct 11th Lake St. Clair NEED BOATERS

Started by djkimmel, August 18, 2009, 10:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Waterfoul

So where are we all going to stay?  Would be nice if we all stayed in the same place so we could meet and greet!  Maybe hit the hotel bar or a nearby place Friday or Saturday night!

Mike
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

River Rat

I've got a reservation at the Holiday Inn even though I'm Downriver, just makes it easier not driving an extra hour and a half.  When you call just tell 'em you're with the Big Ten and you'll get the group rate.

Scott
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

River Rat

They still need help, I'm sending ya a PM with Adam's contact info.

Scott

Waterfoul

Quote from: River Rat on September 29, 2009, 03:51:29 PM
I've got a reservation at the Holiday Inn even though I'm Downriver, just makes it easier not driving an extra hour and a half.  When you call just tell 'em you're with the Big Ten and you'll get the group rate.

Scott

OK, I'm game for the Holiday Inn as long as it's fairly safe to leave my rig in the parking lot and I'm able to plug it in at night.

Mike
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

MIBassKid

This is awesome guys. We really appreciate the help and time you guys are giving!
-Luke

Waterfoul

OK, I have a room rented on the first floor at what is now called "The Victory Inn" by the way... not the Holiday Inn.  Two queen beds.  Anyone interested in splitting the cost of a room?  I have it for Friday and Saturday nights since I'm coming from across the state.  Boats can be plugged in thru the window.

Mike

djkimmel

Mike,
If no one else has spoken yet, I'll room with you. I had not called yet. As long as it is a non-smoking room... otherwise the deal is off :)

The official housing is The Victory Inn, not the Chesterfield Holiday Inn - two different places. The Victory Inn is about 3 miles south of M-59 on Gratiot Ave. The phone number above is for The Victory Inn.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

River Rat

Sorry, I was just going by what Adam had on the original flier he sent me a few wks ago.  When I called, the perosn who answered the phone mumbled pretty bad and I was in a hurry doing other stuff... maybe I should have paid better attention!  I think I'll call and find out where the heck I am!!!

Waterfoul

Quote from: djkimmel on September 30, 2009, 09:26:59 PM
Mike,
If no one else has spoken yet, I'll room with you. I had not called yet. As long as it is a non-smoking room... otherwise the deal is off :)

The official housing is The Victory Inn, not the Chesterfield Holiday Inn - two different places. The Victory Inn is about 3 miles south of M-59 on Gratiot Ave. The phone number above is for The Victory Inn.

Works for me Dan, as long as you don't snore to rattle the windows!  It's a non-smoking room... and I don't smoke anyway.

I will be heading across the state early Friday... I'm going to get some fishing in... back seat is open if anyone want's to ride along.  Should be over that way by 9:00 or so (hey, I'm not going to get up THAT early!  LOL!!)  I need to be to the hotel by 4:00 to get my room so I'll be off the water by 3:00.

River Rat

Mike,

If no one else takes you up on the ride, I might tag along (I'm not too proud to back seat) or worst case meet you up there and we can scout some areas together.  Maybe we'll get a small group going to make our own $5 mini-tourney!

Scott

Waterfoul

djkimmel

Quote from: River Rat on October 01, 2009, 07:40:21 AM
Sorry, I was just going by what Adam had on the original flier he sent me a few wks ago.  When I called, the perosn who answered the phone mumbled pretty bad and I was in a hurry doing other stuff... maybe I should have paid better attention!  I think I'll call and find out where the heck I am!!!

Whenever I'm not sure where I am... I just ask the first person I see who doesn't look crazy (sometimes difficult if a mirror is the first thing I see ;D) :o

I was confused too at first because the lady told me they used to be the Holiday Inn... but then she added that was over 20 years ago. I thought I knew where the Chesterfield HI was and we finally got on the same page. Thought I remembered Mike isn't a smoker so I didn't make any reservation until I heard back from Mike.

I'll be heading over Friday evening after work, so late evening. Oh... and no snoring from me anymore. I gave it up a few years ago.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Ha... ask me for directions while I'm over there... I dare you!!  If not for my Nuvi I'd be the guy swerving all over while the map book blocked my view!!  LOL!!!  Certain places I can drive right too... like boat ramps!  Otherwise I'm gonna Nuvi it!!

Oh, and you're local West Marine has the Nuvi 255 Wide screen clearanced at $189.99 right now!!  You should ALL have one of these things.  And this is from a hard core map reading SOB (and former geography teacher!!) who refuses to ask directions!!

River Rat

That was a good laugh Dan, thx!

I know I should know where here is when I'm there but sometimes I'm not sure in what state I am to truly understand where here is... I need one of Mike's maps but then I'l be blinded and not even see the crazy person in the mirror looking back at me wondering where we are!!!

I'm so lost all over again...........................

djkimmel

I'm sure you'll find yourself as soon as you get back on the water!

Waterfoul

Quote from: River Rat on October 01, 2009, 06:18:04 PM
That was a good laugh Dan, thx!

I know I should know where here is when I'm there but sometimes I'm not sure in what state I am to truly understand where here is... I need one of Mike's maps but then I'l be blinded and not even see the crazy person in the mirror looking back at me wondering where we are!!!

I'm so lost all over again...........................

Anyone else have trouble reading that??

River Rat

??? That's the intent, it's meant to make ya "lost"...  ;D

How the heck did this thread get hijacked like this?!

Waterfoul

Anyone got a weather forcast for this event?  I can deal with anything but big waves.  Big waves beat the crap out of your boat and equipment.

bshaner

Since we are not competing against eachother and this is about putting these guys on fish, anyone care to atleast give a general idea what the smallies are doing on Clair this time of year?  They doing the chase baitfish shallow thing and eating up for winter or what?  Never fished Clair this time of year.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844