Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:37:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

AnglingAxeMan Fishing stren division on Ky Lake

Started by fishon1219, June 06, 2006, 06:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishon1219

One of our new members Dave Taylor "AnglingAxeMan" is fishing the stren midwest division tournament on Kentucky Lake starting tomorrow. He will be fishing as a Co-Angler this season and switching to pro next year. For those of you that haven't read any of Dave's post he is a fireman/ paramedic who is on permanent disability as a result of an on the job injury and has decided to try his luck with a pro fishing Carrier. I  Just talked with him and he is very excited about learning all kinds of new lakes and fishing styles. I will keep everybody updated with his progress in the tournament.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

bshaner

Best of luck to him!  As a former cop I used to spend alot of time around firemen and paramedics... definately passionate about their job!  Should translate well into fishing!!!

FYI Joshimoto is down there as well, been practicing all week.  He'll be fishing the tourney as well.

Good luck to both of them!!

Brian
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

fishon1219

Day one of the tournament and dave managed 1 fish for 2-3. He said his partner for the day didnt have anything going during practise and followed suit on day 1 of the tournament. He said they spent most of the day at 70MPH running from spot to spot. His pro would pull up to a brush pile, leave the big motor running and make 3 to 5 flips in it and off they would go again. With 2 hours left in the tournament day his partner was mentaly frustrated and asked dave what they should do now and dave told him of a rip-rap bank he had caught some bass from on the day before while killing time shorefishing so they headed there and dave managed 1 fish and his pro caught 2 on a crankbait. Today dave is fishing with the down south legend Jim Eakins so we will see how he does today.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

bshaner

Glad he didnt get blanked but man that is too bad.  Joshimoto's pro got blanked and Josh weighed nearly the same weight as Dave.

Did he say if his pro practiced?  Fish moved off the spots he had or what?  Maybe today he'll get a pro who is on the fish. 
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Team houston

What was his first days partners name? Too me that is some B.S.

bshaner

AnglinAxeMan's pro was Chris Aswegan.

Joshimoto's pro was Gary Colasessano.
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

spinninbug

Josh's pro today was in 21st place after yesterday.  So with any luck he will do better today.  We can only hope! :)
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

AnglingAxeMan

Hey Guy's I'm back. Thanks for the wishes of luck it just didn't get to me that 1st day! Man that so called Pro Chris sucked but that's what you get when you but in as a co-angler I guess.

Day 2 was a lot of fun Jim Eakins was a TRUE Pro and an enjoyable day was had for the both of us (Well for me anyway) any questions I had he was more than happy to tell me the info that I was looking for an entertaining stories to go along with the info.

I managed to catch 4 keepers on day 2 that weighed in @ 11.01 almost 3lbs ahead of my boater. He was culling by about 12:30 but they were all 15 1/2 or so. My first fish came about 10:00 and was my big fish for the day @ 4.14 a solid smallie that came out of the same shade line Jim had pulled a short Largemouth out of. Mr. Eakins isn't what I would consider to be a spring chicken but he was awful quick with the net. I was throwing a black Case Magic Stick with a #7 split shot about 8 inches above the worm. 3 of my keepers came this way with one on a Snack Daddy St. Clair shiner tube and 1/4 oz tube weight.

I guess what I took from this tournament was when I grow up I wanna be like Jim Eakins a quality angler and a nice guy to spend 8 hours on the water with.

Congrats to Josh well done on day 2!

djkimmel

How did Josh do? I haven't seen or heard any of the stories yet.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bshaner

He got 33rd.  His boater was having livewell problems and they each had a dead fish.  Penalty cost josh like 175 bucks and a few places.  If Josh would have just caught a limit of 1 lbrs the first day he'd have made the cut for day 3.  33rd isnt bad though, keeps him up pretty decent in the points.

I'm anxiously waiting his blow by blow of the events as well :)

Brian
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

bigriver

Quote from: AnglingAxeMan on June 09, 2006, 08:05:16 PM
Hey Guy's I'm back. Thanks for the wishes of luck it just didn't get to me that 1st day! Man that so called Pro Chris sucked but that's what you get when you but in as a co-angler I guess.

Day 2 was a lot of fun Jim Eakins was a TRUE Pro and an enjoyable day was had for the both of us (Well for me anyway) any questions I had he was more than happy to tell me the info that I was looking for an entertaining stories to go along with the info.

I managed to catch 4 keepers on day 2 that weighed in @ 11.01 almost 3lbs ahead of my boater. He was culling by about 12:30 but they were all 15 1/2 or so. My first fish came about 10:00 and was my big fish for the day @ 4.14 a solid smallie that came out of the same shade line Jim had pulled a short Largemouth out of. Mr. Eakins isn't what I would consider to be a spring chicken but he was awful quick with the net. I was throwing a black Case Magic Stick with a #7 split shot about 8 inches above the worm. 3 of my keepers came this way with one on a Snack Daddy St. Clair shiner tube and 1/4 oz tube weight.

I guess what I took from this tournament was when I grow up I wanna be like Jim Eakins a quality angler and a nice guy to spend 8 hours on the water with.

Congrats to Josh well done on day 2!

Hi, I'm Chris.  The "pro" that sucked.  Yeah, I had a tough tournament on a lake that I'd never been to, but I guess that would be hard to understand for a stud such as yourself.  I don't care if you mention my name, even with the word "suck" after it, but keep in mind that it's real easy to be a critic from the back of the boat.  If you want to be a co-angler, fine, just keep in mind that you have little control over your success.  That includes times when you do well, after all, you did just go out and catch fish that the "pro" found.  I've got a lot more respect for someone who gives it a shot and succeeds or fails on his own, rather than someone who female doges and complains that he got the shaft and would have caught 'em if someone had only brought him to 'em.  Hell, my grandma can catch fish if you put her on 'em.  I notice on you FLW profile that you have only fished coangler, well, my advice is that you give it a shot with your own boat.  If you whip me, I'll be the first in line to shake your hand.

Chris

motocross269