email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Defiance  (Read 4448 times)

Durand Dan

Defiance
« on: February 19, 2011, 06:09:49 PM »

I'm starting an assignment in Defiance on Monday and I see the Maume River has several parks and launches in the area. Any suggestions? And any info on the Ohio Bass Season would be great!
DD

jim 2row

Re: Defiance
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 10:04:41 PM »

Me too Dan. Starting in at G.M. on monday for some work there. But I live in Wauseon. How long you going to be down there? I have some places you can check out if you are going to be there a while. Let me know.

Durand Dan

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 06:21:17 AM »

I will also be at GM on a construction project. PM sent

jim 2row

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 08:10:40 PM »

Dan, are you working where they are filling the basement? I did that about 10 years ago with foundry sand. Dozers and tamps filled 600' x 900' X 17' deep. Was a good job cause it rained about every other day so it was rain safe work.

Durand Dan

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 10:13:47 AM »

Along with the demo we're pouring about 600 yards of flow fill a day to fill in the old basement. Probably will take about 9 days total to finish that part of the project. They are putting a new line in for aluminum production. Lovely place to work! ;D On 12 hours starting Monday, ugh!

Cheetam

• Don't hate me 'cuz I'm beautiful
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • My Custom-Painted Crankbait Gallery
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 11:48:59 PM »

I just drove down Rt. 2 from Sandusky to Toledo and saw a lot of open water in the backwaters and little rivers and streams.  I'm sure you can find something to fish Dan.  I went through one small construction area, so we were driving pretty slow, and saw a crane (the bird, not the equipment) working a small backwater area, so there must be something back there.
Jeff

Durand Dan

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 07:40:38 PM »

I'm bringing some equipment down next week to fish along the Maumee River. It's wide open but the water is pretty high and fast right now. One of the guys said they hooked a big carp last week. Any fish would be fun right now.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 10:56:03 PM »

I believe in general that Ohio has no closed season on bass. They have that unnecessary catch and release season on Lake Erie the past few years, but that's the only limit of any kind that comes to mind.

There might be local exceptions though so don't tell them Dan said it was okay ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

Mojo

• Champion 206 - YAMI VMAX 250
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • To You; Who helped me grow my fishing roots
  • View Gallery
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 11:03:38 PM »

Find riverwalker in members and say hi to him. Tell em we're buds. He will easily put you where you need to be in Ohio .. HE just rocks the smallies out in Sandusky etc ...

.. Oh and I ordered 2 each chartruese and white of our special "surface bait "  lol   ;)     :D    ;D     GO WMM !!!
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

River Walker

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 04:25:47 PM »

I've had some pretty good days on the smallies below the Grand Rapids Dam.The dam at Defiance is called the Independence Dam I believe.I've only fished there a handful of times,mostly for crappies or pike.I did float the river between the two dams once bass fishing,I remember catching a good number of green bass,especially in areas where small streams entered the river,but don't recall any brown bass in that area.Once the walleye and white bass runs are over,you won't have any problem finding good numbers of smallies from the fast waters below Grand Rapids all the way north until about the Waterville area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge