Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:58:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Rain Gear

Started by Manxfishing, December 27, 2010, 05:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manxfishing

Who has what for rain gear

I have a light Cabela gor tex suit and Ice Armor for early spring and late fall.
The new Frabill storm suit looks nice but they are proud of it as well (It's pricey). Plus I've yet to see it for sale.

Waterfoul

Bass Pro Shops Gortex jacket... upgrading from Gander Mountain bibs this year to a matching set of BPS bibs.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Redbone

Gill OS2 jacket and bibs. 

Dan

I've had my 100 mph suit from BPS and have loved it for years. It's not a summer rainsuit, so I have a light weight frogg togg that I use then. You can't beat the 100 mph suit.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

mikesmiph

Asked for, and just got, the Pro Qualifier suit from BPS. I obviously havent tried it yet. But I looked a long time and for the price, couldnt beat it.

dominater

I used the BPS Gortex suit for a long time.  It kept me dry but I never liked the loose/baggy fit.  I got the Cabelas Tourney Trail jacket and bibs for Christmas this year.  I can't comment on how they work in the rain but the fit is more comfortable for sure.

Skulley

I have been using Frogg Toggs for the last few years.  Really like them.  Especially in the warm humid rains of July and August.  I am actually not wet after I take them off.  I have a BPS Pro Qualifier.  I didn't like it as much in the summer because I would be just as wet as if I let the rain soak me with out a suit because I sweat so much.  As long as you stay dry, you will stay warm.

BD                   ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Waterfoul

I guess I should add that I have a "cheap" set of lighter weight rain gear I got here at work... but they have been discontinued and heck if I remember what model they are.  But they work pretty well.  The BPS stuff is great if you really need to stay dry, but as others have said... kinda warm in the summer months.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

I have the BPS 100 mph Gore Tex suit.  I love it.  I wasn't too worried about the summer months, because I fish in swim trunks anyways.

Flippin222

I have used the BPS Pro Qualifier for the past couple of years and really like them. The only issue I have had is the same as BigDog. They are a little too warm when it is hot/humid outside.

I would recommend a light weight rain suit (frogg toggs) to use during the dog days of summer as well.
Don't sweat the petty things; Don't pet the sweaty things

djkimmel

Quote from: mikeszr800 on December 28, 2010, 04:30:27 PM
I have the BPS 100 mph Gore Tex suit.  I love it.  I wasn't too worried about the summer months, because I fish in swim trunks anyways.

As long as we aren't talking speedo...?!?

I have Ranger Frogg Toggs I just got for this summer and also a fairly nice suit from Cabela's I got on sale when it's chilly out. I think it's called Dry Plus or something like that. The bibs are something slightly different since I was trying for roomy and tall enough. Got them a little too tall. But better than a little too short!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Jack Schalk

BPS 100 MPH for he colder days and a Columbia lightweight for summer.
Both do their job.

djkimmel

Quote from: Jack Schalk on December 29, 2010, 04:40:00 PM
BPS 100 MPH for he colder days and a Columbia lightweight for summer.
Both do their job.

Thanks for joining and posting. The first post always makes the rest of them a lot easier.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

I have had the Frogg Toggs for years.  They'll keep you dry .... until you sit down.  I get wet were ever I come in contact with the seat.   I just can't shed the feeling that I'm wearing paper.... but like I said if i stand, they'll keep me dry.  

This past Spring, I got the bibs, and parka for the BPS Pro Qualifier.  They are warmer that's true.  I didn't however get overly warm in them last summer.  I was in some really torrential downpours, and stayed completely dry.  

As we're talking about staying dry, what do you guys use to keep your feet dry?
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Waterfoul

I have a pair of Danner waterproof hiking style boots.  Feet are always dry.  Though I'm told it's not necessary, I treat them a couple times a season with Starbrite waterproofing, which is available at your local West Marine store.   ;D

2k JIGS

I picked up the Under Armour Barrage Jacket and Pants last year. I think the jacket was $100 and the pants were $80, by far the best light weight rain suit I have ever owned.

t-bone

Quote from: fiker on December 29, 2010, 10:15:07 PM

I bought a pair of short yachting boots from West Marine last year and they are great. A little dorky looking but comfortable and dry.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Redbone

Quote from: t-bone on January 03, 2011, 09:40:18 AM

I boat a pair of short yachting boats from West Marine last year and they are great. A little dorky looking but comfortable and dry.

Thats alot of Boats!

I like the looks of the Under Armour jackets. I might have to think about getting one.

Manxfishing

Quote from: t-bone on January 03, 2011, 09:40:18 AM

I boat a pair of short yachting boats from West Marine last year and they are great. A little dorky looking but comfortable and dry.

For me
I'm in flip flops in the summer
And boots the other times
I spray the boots with silicone spray and it keeps my feet dry.

It's also nice to spray a spare hat just for a rain hat that I keep in the boat