Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:51:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Fall 2010 DK Open participants list for September 11 White Lake event

Started by djkimmel, September 04, 2010, 04:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedude

Quote from: TCook on September 12, 2010, 10:11:21 AM
Unfortunately I couldn't contribute to our sack but Cy showed me something new which made up for the bad day.

was it punchin the clown or shakin the baby?
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

TCook

He showed me how to shake the baby but didn't get any on it, whats this punching the clown business?
FISH HARD!!!

TritonTR20

Due to a good rainsuit, I managed to stay dry all day. Mike and I caught a couple of fish right off, then struggled the rest of the day with only one more keeper and few short fish. Still good to meet some of the people here and had a good time.

Mike S.

I had a ball yesterday.  I've never fished in the rain like that, and was REALLY happy that my 100mph GoreTex worked.  I would have liked to have had a full limit in the boat, but we had a good time.  It's cool that i can fish with someone from another state and learn something about a lake I can be at in 10 minutes.  I did, however, have a disappointing moment.  Around noon, we ran back to the first spot we fished, and started working it again.  I got a really good bite, and when I set the hook, I got hit in the shoulder with the top 3 and a half feet of my rod.  I was beside myself.  So, if anybody wants to own a 2 piece Grandt spinning rod, we may be able to work out a deal.  Just kidding, it's under warranty.  Glad I bought it!

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Mike S.

mikesmiph

The first thing I'm going to say about this weekend is, thank you so very much to our host, MikeSZR800, and his beautiful family. We had a wonderful time with them Friday. Saturday, I woke up and taught his dog a new trick, ask Mike about it sometime. The one question I have of everyone, (Brian B, are you reading this?) is, does anyone know where I can buy a high quality insulated rainsuit in a childrens size? What do the juniors wear? I can find cheap little play suits for kids, but nothing like the 100mph. Please help. The rest goes without saying, she got wet and cold and the day was over. We had no idea how to catch a bass. We did see a very nice salmon landed by a gentleman. I got one little twitch of a bite on a Zipper worm but couldnt hook up. That had to be one of the worst condition days I've ever fished. I congratulate the winners, and everyone who stayed out there and tried. We thank Dan for having it, and will be back again. I just hope the weather is better next time.

SethV

Cabelas and Lands End are the only 2 good youth rain suits I know of.  My son has the Lands End - it works ok, but I would like to try the Cabelas - they have a GoreTex youth suit for about $120 or so.

Mike S.

My pleasure, Mike.  Hopefully next time you are here, you catch a bass, or several for that matter.  Let me know ahead of time when you will be here next, so I can plan to get you out on the water.