email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 CBAA Big Ten Championship back on St. Clair  (Read 23068 times)

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Re: 2010 CBAA Big Ten Championship back on St. Clair
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2010, 11:11:03 AM »

I think I should be available to help. How does this work they fish and I just lend my boat and drive them around?

You will hear from two anglers from one of the schools who will fish with you both days.

Saturday is a practice day. You can help the kids if they want with fishing spots and suggestions. You drive the boat. They can run the trolling motor if they want and can handle it. Most of them have done that before but you can make sure your boat is safe.

Sunday, you still drive and the kids will say where they'd like to fish.

Limited to Michigan waters only. There will be a map of open waters from the Detroit River part way to part way up the St. Clair River. Most of the fishing happens between the Mile Roads and Anchor Bay.

Most of the anglers are staying at the Victory Inn on Gratiot. You can meet the kids there or work out meeting them at the ramp. We are launching at Harley Ensign.

Please help if you can. Please confirm on here if you will help and PM your name and contact information to MIBassKid (Luke Baker) on here so they can add you to the list of available boaters and assign a team to you. It will be random assignment so you could end up with any of the schools attending.

There will be a banquet - location and time to be announced as soon as I know. Thanks!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

MIBassKid

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2010, 01:45:17 PM »

Still need a few boat volunteers guys. Help a brotha out! Thanks Dan for helping with recruiting.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2010, 04:42:16 PM »

No prob. I'm still waiting to hear back from one boater. Need a few more! MIBassKid, are you getting all the names and contact information over to Cameron? Who will tell us more details? Cameron? Troy?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

MIBassKid

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2010, 09:28:42 PM »

Once we have all of the boaters I will post all the details on GLB and I think Cameron will be sending out an email with details on where we are staying and information about banquet, launch, practice day what not.

River Rat

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 07:08:02 AM »

Should this get copied and/or moved to the General board where more people will see, and read it?!

Scott
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

855-FL-GUIDE
www.TMCGuideService.com

www.RevolutionBaits.com
www.VerticalLures.com
Legend Boats Pro Staff
Grandt Rods Pro Staff
BioKleen Pro Staff

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 04:17:51 PM »

Not sure if it would make a big difference? It has been viewed 714 times. I think I linked it on facebook, twitter and over on lakestclair.net. Just really tough to get people to volunteer for anything nowadays for various reasons. I'll post some reminder notices linked to here in a few places again. Thanks for keeping it alive Scott.

Jighead

• aka Doug Cummings
  • Fingerling
  • View Gallery
    • Fine Line Fishing Guide Service
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2010, 04:38:44 PM »

Dan,

I left Cameron Kortes a voicemail on Tuesday explaining that I won't be able to do this afterall. I hate like heck volunteering and then backing out two weeks before hand, but I really have to. I was contacted on Saturday about doing a guide trip that weekend and I just had to take it.

If it was earlier in the season when I knew I had some time to make up for a missed trip I would pass on it and honor my commitment to help out with this tournament. But it's late in the season, money is getting short, and I have to take any calls that I can get.

I apologize for backing out, but I really need to take the money when I can get it. I hope everyone will understand.

Doug Cummings

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2010, 09:16:57 PM »

Thanks for letting me know.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2010, 03:20:20 PM »

From Outdoor Quote of the Day from Outside Hub.com:

"We have the responsibility to spend time outdoors so that we can pass our learning's onto our children. If we do not empower the generations of tomorrow with a bond to the outdoors then we have forgotten about what really matters." - OutsideHub Team

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2010, 03:52:33 PM »

Just heard from Mike Broge at MikesRxBaits.com and he is going to help as a boater too! Thanks a lot Mike!!

If you haven't checked out his web site before, he has a huge supply of quality and hard to find bass lures in his pharmacy bass store and online including those HOT C-Flash crankbaits that many of the top anglers are using to crank up huge smallies on St. Clair (and also to win the recent fall DK Open on White Lake). Check out MikesRxBaits.com.

I'm going to have to since I broke one of my C-Flash's on White Lake. Don't slap balsa crank baits on the water!!

Bass_Cat

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2010, 08:28:04 AM »

Hi Dan,

Didn't see my name on the list but I volunteered for this back in August when someone called me. I may be doing the weigh-in again too.

Mark Hill

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2010, 01:56:04 PM »

Not personal. I don't have any lists back from the various schools so I only know who has posted here or told me themselves. I so want everyone who takes the time to help to get public thanks so I will add you to the list later today. Anyone else I don't know about just send me a PM and I will gladly add you to the list. THANKS!!

River Rat

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2010, 04:55:01 PM »

Not personal. I don't have any lists back from the various schools so I only know who has posted here or told me themselves. I so want everyone who takes the time to help to get public thanks so I will add you to the list later today. Anyone else I don't know about just send me a PM and I will gladly add you to the list. THANKS!!

Um... What if my alter ego, Billy Bad Bass, shows up and is in rare form?!  I don't think we should recognize, especially publicly, his evil self!  (And I'm not even PUI'ing yet!) ;D

Scott... Or am I........

855-FL-GUIDE
www.TMCGuideService.com

www.RevolutionBaits.com
www.VerticalLures.com
Legend Boats Pro Staff
Grandt Rods Pro Staff
BioKleen Pro Staff

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2010, 06:55:25 PM »

We take all comers...

MadWags

• Life is too short. Go fishing.
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Dan and I go back a little ways.
  • View Gallery
    • MadWags Website
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2010, 09:50:01 PM »

Yes Dan is correct. They let me be involved.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

River Rat

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2010, 10:08:03 PM »

I was not expecting that response but enjoyed it very much!!

855-FL-GUIDE
www.TMCGuideService.com

www.RevolutionBaits.com
www.VerticalLures.com
Legend Boats Pro Staff
Grandt Rods Pro Staff
BioKleen Pro Staff

MIBassKid

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2010, 07:26:43 PM »

Alright guys we have less than a week and we still need a few boats. We need to make this happen, especially if we ever want to bring this event back to Michigan.

mjm6

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2010, 04:42:37 PM »

Dan - I have tried to sign up for Sat (only) and have had no luck -- can be there if-in u guys need me.
Regards
Mike Mc

River Rat

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2010, 06:07:45 PM »

Has anyone beat down the doors @ Wonderland?  What about their customers?

Scott

855-FL-GUIDE
www.TMCGuideService.com

www.RevolutionBaits.com
www.VerticalLures.com
Legend Boats Pro Staff
Grandt Rods Pro Staff
BioKleen Pro Staff

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2010, 12:05:51 AM »

Dan - I have tried to sign up for Sat (only) and have had no luck -- can be there if-in u guys need me.
Regards
Mike Mc

I believe I have 1 boater who can only do Sunday. Maybe you can take his team out Saturday if you can only do Saturday? I can ask. Thanks!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge