Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:38:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

GRAPHIC PICTURES - NO KIDS: My battle with a socket and metal at work!

Started by 1javelin, May 21, 2010, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1javelin

Was just putting a new pump on line last night to replace the old piece of crap one that has been giving us problems.  Got the old one off, set the new one up and called in reinforcements to help tighten the belt while I ratcheted the bolts tight.  4 bolts, done it a hundred times, no problem, right?  Got the first three on tight, doing great, buddy is hanging backwards pulling hard on the prybar to keep the pump tight.  I go to tighten the last bolt, and apply maximum force to make sure it isn't going anywhere.  I'm a big guy I feel, so maximum force is pretty good.  Not when the socket slips the bolt and there are chunks of stainless steel next you!!  I'll have to get pictures of the after effects next time I change the wrap, and I'll get pictures of the scene also.  Here are a few I got at the hospital right before the PA commenced Operation Put the Fat Back in His Arm!!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

bosshawg

if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

TCook

FISH HARD!!!

MIBasser

That's going to leave a mark.  How many staples/stitches did it take?

bassassasin88

Cy

That is the nastiest thing I have seen in a long time.  Thankfully you didn't do any serious damage, like tendons and the like.  I bet it is sore as hell though! Take it easy and get well soon.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

MadWags

Layed my whole thigh open like that on a fence when I was a kid. Looks tasty! Get back to work .  :D
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

1javelin

Quote from: MadWags on May 21, 2010, 10:20:24 PM
Layed my whole thigh open like that on a fence when I was a kid. Looks tasty! Get back to work .  :D

Was back at work as soon as I left the ER.  Had to finish putting the pump on line.  Took 2 internal stitches, 5 external.  Was only about 2 1/2 inches long or so, but you could see all the way down into it, past the veins.  Oddly enough it doesn't really hurt, it itches bad, but then again the skin around it is still numb, so I think there may be some nerve damage.  I doubt the numbing agent they applied is still working full strength!!  Not going to stop me from picking up a pole though, so who's up for some fishing!!

1jav

RyanLuft

MIBassKid

Thats a Spartan man right there! A Wolverine would have cried.  :'(

Mojo

Thanks for "opening up to us" on your issue ...

yuck yuck  ;D 

Hope you heal without infection brother ........

Mojo
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Firefighter Jeff

LipRip

mikesmiph

LAPORTE

Man, Now I don't feel so bad about shooting a number 8 nail thru  my thumb last Sunday..lol  The only good thing was I just had taken out the 16's and put the 8's in the gun..... lol and yes it's my casting thumb.... 

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Bender

That looks pretty bad. I lopped off the end of my middle finger and cut the ring finger of my left hand to the bone last winter. I hope you don't have nerve damage because I do and it sucks. That part of my ring finger rests on the bottom of the reel seat and on hooksets the rod slips in my hand and it hurts really bad. The funny thing is that there is never any feeling from the finger other than pain, most of the time it still feels pretty numb.

I do have a picture I took of the tip of my finger that I found on the floor after I got back from the ER if you are interested.  :o
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

LAPORTE

The firefighter in me says I need to see the pic bender... I guess im just twisted like  that .... lol  you can just pm me Im sure not every one would want to see it

LaPorte

S.T.F.D.
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

1javelin

Quote from: LAPORTE on May 24, 2010, 11:15:02 AM
The firefighter in me says I need to see the pic bender... I guess im just twisted like  that .... lol  you can just pm me Im sure not every one would want to see it

LaPorte

S.T.F.D.

Ditto that for me.  I haven't lost any limbs or extremeties yet, knock on wood!!

1jav

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Bender

I haven't been able to find the pictures of the tip, not sure where I saved those. I'll just let you click here if you want to see a blurry photo of the first time the bandage came off. I have pretty small fingers and there are 7 stitches in the ring finger.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com